z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:41 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah, Court Magician entered the Great Hall, trying to travel quickly as her YWS-phone kept beeping because of the recent *All Knights Ping*. As she entered the room a terrible shrill howl sounded in the room, and Knight Alliyah, unsure if it was a goat or a person looked around to see @Hattable screaming a pitiful "nooooo". Unfortunately, it appeared as if they had just stepped in some Green Room sludge getting their flip-flops sludgy.

"Good luck with that Hatt - you're probably going to have to take those over to the Knowledge Base Lake, or the River 'Round Randomosity in order to get those cleaned up - Green Room Sludge is difficult to wash out."

Knight Alliyah returned her attention to the task at hand - seeing the blinking marquee banner in reference to the Newest Main Challenge for the knights. She wrote down all the details in her notebook where she had been taking notes for the goose search. Half of @tatteredbones Boiled Cheetohs recipe featured prominently on the first page, then a page about interpreting Goose Honking, then a page about Golden-Goose flight patterns.

Two eager citizens were hopping up and down in the middle of the Great Hall with a list of conquered reviews in-hand. "We'd like to be knights!" - @Lovestrike and @Rinisha shouted in unison.

"Wonderful! Here's a set of Training Knives and you two are officially now Squires! Once you've logged 10 Green Room reviews in your Knight log, return with a link to your log and you can be made a knight. We are very happy to have such brave and accomplished reviewers among us! Huzzah!" (Also Squire @Rinisha, while we're not endorsed to give out regal titles yet - details for earning a Kingdom are in the Badge List and we can give out the title "Lady" rather than Knight if you prefer!)

The two reviewers smiled to each other, grabbed their Training Knives and made their way back into the fray. Just then the Tortoise asked Alliyah if he could get a lift back to the Green Room, so Knight Alliyah picked up the tortoise, placed him in her horse satchel and left to continue reviewing, knowing it would take every person their full efforts to complete the important mission ahead, and hopefully Clear the Green Room & Find the Goose! Knights @Spearmint, @Liminality, @DreamyAlice, @alpacaboss and @RandomTalks as well as the reputable force of Squire @LadySpark and were on their way to the Green Room too - a mighty party to conquer the foes ahead!

Huzzah!

you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:29 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

Hey there here is my log, and I would really like to be a Lady rather than a knight. Thanks.

Rinisha's Chronicles

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:36 pm
View Likes
Rose says...

I also wish to be nominated The Lady Rose!
Think like a proton; always positive ;)

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:43 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

I would like to become Lady Kaia of the Purple Flame.
(Lady Kaia works just fine, too. ;))
Here is my log...
Kaia's Slain Beasts
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

1227 Reviews

Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:51 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah, Court Magician had been busy in June! Not only had she many Knight duties to attend to, but the Commander (@KotGRCommander) had asked her to babysit The Tortoise who required nearly constant attention, and daily trips to the Green Room to munch on green vegetables grown in the Green Room fields. Anyway, she was back to the Great Hall for a quick detour before returning to the Green Room when she found two Squires and a new citizen lined up with scrolls of reviews in their eager hands.

Huzzah Comrades! We'll be quick here as I know you three are eager to return to the Green Room! Knight @Liminality and Knight @looseleaf helped to roll out the green carpet while Knight @Horisun and Knight @Dossereana started passing out glasses of green punch.

Squire Kaia (@KaiaJersaga) and Squire Rinisha (@Rinisha) came forward to the front of the hall.

"Please kneel Squires, from now on now that you have conquered the required 10 Green Foes, you shall be knighted in our order. You must promise to defend the Green Room with bravery and diligence and bring honor to our Great Hall - return whenever you've earned new badges we will look forward to tales of your quests! Now rise and take your names as Knights Lady Rinisha and Lady Kaia! Huzzah!"

The rest of the Knights in the Green Room cheered for the newly knighted. Then Alliyah addressed @Rose - "And for you, from now on you shall be known as Squire Rose once you have logged 10 new Green Room reviews, return to this hall and you shall be knighted! Please take these Training Knives while you are learning the ropes - we look forward to your return!"

The newest knights led the way back to the Green Room, and Knight Alliyah followed, feeding handfuls of freshly boiled cheetohs to her tortoise friend as she exited the Great Hall.

224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:21 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

Dear knights of the Green room,

This is a letter coming from the dairy of Rinisha's Chronicles

Since I have been knighted as Lady Rinisha, I have been working hard to slay those green beast, I did my best as hard as I could. But then one day I got hurt, I realised why. I did not have a sword nor a shield to protect myself. I would like to report to get my sword and shield. So, that I can protect myself and slay more beasts to even find myself a suitable horse.

Hope to receive help as soon as possible, so I can continue my work!

Faithfully yours,
Lady Rinisha

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:06 am
View Likes
alpacaboss says...

Dear Honorable Knights of the Green Room,

My sincerest hopes that this finds you well.

I have come to request for the following:
1. Sword
2. Shield
3. Helmet
4. Horse
5. Full Armor

In my log, thou shalt find that I hath slayed numerous beasts to behold and am in need of more equipment to conquer more of the green room beasties! I hope that this request is favorable to you.

To a land clear of the green room beasts!

Huzzah!

Truly yours,
Knight alpacaboss
Last edited by alpacaboss on Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
John 3:16; Joshua 1:9; 1 Timothy 4:12
Professional Bible nerd, Christian and classical music enthusiast, and alpaca lover
To God be All the Glory

211 Reviews

Reviews: 211
Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:16 pm
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

I wish to become a Knight! (Or Lady) For though it is a difficult task, and the Green Room beasts are vicious, I would like to take part in this great adventure!
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

211 Reviews

Reviews: 211
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:52 am
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

Though I do have a question: Must the green room beasts be slain after proclaiming your desire to become a knight? Or may beasts slain days before count?
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:43 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

@OrabellaAvenue Good question! When I was becoming a knight, I was informed that they must be slain after proclaiming your knightly intentions. Best of luck slaying those Green Beasts! ^^
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

1227 Reviews

Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:50 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Hi new Knights! Just a quick tip: @KaiaJersaga & @Rinisha please make sure your logs are numbered continuously and not starting over for each weapon.
This becomes very important when you get to the later badges so I don't want you to have to renumber later.

Badges should be numbered as such:

rather than
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

Hope that makes sense! Also - all of your Green Reviews need to come from June or later too - since you can't backlog them. Sorry for any misunderstanding there!

~~~

Knight Alliyah, Court Magician ran into the Green Room, running because the search party was getting so close to finding the Golden Goose!

In fact a group of YWSers (@alpacaboss, @KateHardy, @Rinisha, @IcyFlame, @KaiaJersaga, @DreamyAlice, @Spearmint, @MerleBlackbird, @Rose, @LuminescentAnt, @cookiesandcream123, and @OrabellaAvenue) who were covered in Golden Feathers and each wearing a Green Hat came into the Green Room carrying a giant glittering net looking around along with Knight Alliyah.

Knight @looseleaf, Court Accountant held out a clipboard that had the latest Knight Achievement to keep Knight Alliyah on track (she was known to be very bad at counting afterall).

"Let's see here... Lady @Rinisha you've been doing a wonderful job reviewing - I'd ask you to please re-number the log and only include reviews from June or later please - we look forward to seeing you return with that in order as a shield will be most useful in the Green Room! Huzzah!

Knight @alpacaboss we're going to need to get you a wheelbarrow to bring out all of these new treasures it looks like! But it appears like all is in good order for your sword, shield, helmet, and full armor! You'll have to consult Knight @Shady and Knight @JustPerks out in the Stables for your new horse which should be waiting for you - just be sure to let us know its name when you've decided upon one so we can complete the Insurance Paperwork!"

Knight Looseleaf handed Alpacaboss a disclaimer legal document indicating all injuries due to falling off horses could not be claimed as liable damages towards KotGR which Alpaca signed with a flourish.

And lastly @OrabellaAvenue you shall hence be known as Squire Orabella and we look forward to your return with 10 new Green Room reviews logged - Knight @Spearmint is exactly right - the beasts must be slain after proclaiming your knightly intentions rather than backlogging - and here's a set of training knives to assist you in your battles! Huzzah!

The moment the training knives were placed into Orabella's hands, a honking filled the Great Hall and a single gold feather floated down from the ceiling, suddenly a group of YWSers and Knights and Villagers and Ducks came running through the Great Hall chasing the Golden Fowl, who was making a fast dive out of the Great Hall's doors.

"THE GOLDEN GOOSE! THE GOLDEN GOOSE! TO THE GREEN ROOM EVERYONE AT ONCE!"

And with that all the knights, and squires, ran toward the Green Room.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:31 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

Well, I ran out of stones to load my slingshot with. I think it's time to get a sword so I can do some actual fighting. That, and a shield because I'd like to protect my elegant long hair from the beasts' flaming breath. (It would be so disgraceful if it all got singed off with one step too close to a dangerous dragon, don't you think?)
Kaia's Slain Beasts
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:55 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

I wish to become a knight!

Here is my log.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:25 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Knight @looseleaf, Court Accountant walked out of the green room with a smile on her face. The Golden Goose had been found! Not that she had actually fought with the other knights to clear the green room (after all, she was an accountant with an incredibly bad sense of time), but she was extremely proud of everyone else.

"Now, back to business," she said, looking at her clipboard. It had been a couple days before they had last checked the list of supplies that needed to be dished out.

To her surprise, there was only one name on the list. Knight Looseleaf handed the board to Knight @alliyah, Court Magician to make sure it was correct, and the other knight nodded.

"Well then," Looseleaf mumbled. She made her way across the carpet to the Knight in question, "You've been quite busy, Knight @KaiaJersaga! It seems to me that it's time to give you your own sword and shield!"

On her word, Knight Alliyah flung open the grand armoire where they kept the new weapons and supplies. She held her arms out to display dozens of swords and other supplies. Knight Kaia stood in front of the magnificent cabinet and rubbed her chin as she pondered her options. Then, she selected a sword and shield of her favorite metal and color, and shut the doors behind her.

"Bravo!" Knight Looseleaf cheered fervently, "Congratulations on your new items! You know what would be a good way to break them in?"

"What would that be?" Knight Kaia asked.

Knight Looseleaf motioned to the large doors to the Great Hall, "The After Watch, of course! The Green Room won't stay empty on it's own. Here, let me show you."

With that, the two Knights strolled out of the hall and into the Green Room.

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind