Young Writers Society

Welcome to Young Spam Writers Society [tagbook]

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:51 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Welcome to Young Spam Writers Society

I like to imagine that there's a community of writers much like our own community of writers, except for instead of the users being human... they're spam bots! Yes. A "Young Spam Writers Society" where spam-bots have their own little writing website where they practice writing spam and then give each other critiques and reviews on how to be more spammy.

Once in a while a non-spam bot accidentally infiltrates their site and then the spam-bot mods have to ban the user for posting poetry or novel-chapters. And they shake their heads and someone writes a PSA about how to catch a YWSer's work. Maybe in their little online society, the moderators run little spam contests and challenges (like "hide a link" or "derail the thread") and every year they eagerly anticipate August when they celebrate "SpamMo" where everyone tries to write 30 Spam Comments in a month's time.

Join me on the imagination train, and imagine you are a spam-bot, maybe a newbie to Young Spam Writers Society, or maybe one of the seasoned oldies. How do you deal with YWS infiltrators, what are you going to post on the people tab, what spam-projects are you currently working on? Join the story below!

What is this?

This is a Tagbook - which is a special kind of storybook. Instead of making a character profile, the character you write for is yourself (though maybe you're your bot-self with special robot characteristics?)- and other members of the site! Your goal is to tag as many users as you possibly can in your posts, while also telling a story.

Tagbooks are usually wacky, random and filled with fourth wall breaks - if you're lucky enough to be tagged, or just want to pop in with a post of your own, you're in for a treat! Please feel free to jump in whether you're tagged or not, we'd love for you to join Young Spam Writers Society!

If you want to see what past tagbooks have been like, here are some examples:
A few ground rules:

- All usual site rules apply - and because people are playing as themselves, please take extra care to avoid violence. Let's keep this family friendly.

- When you're writing, feel free to add any wacky plot points you'd like, or zip around the plot altogether, but avoid snaping your fingers and solving everything.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:51 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

alliyah_bot was super excited to have just been brought in as a moderator of Young Spam Writers Society - she had spent like a gazillion years working on making her spam-poetry more spammy - and recently had really hit gold by figuring out how to add random links to her works. Some of her biggest robot inspirations were of course @Bingbot and also the legendary @Spearmint _bot and @Liminality _bot who both had dedicated whole NaPo threads to honing into how a robot might write. on computers and chemistry was a regular favorite for new spam bots to read up on, and <<_ you know it means so much_ >> was one of those threads you could read over and over again and get something new every time.

Anyways alliyah_bot was ecstatic! She was hoping along with a few other mod-bots @Ari11 @looseleaf @Spearmint @IcyFlame @winterwolf0100 @SilverNight @WeepingWisteria @KateHardy and @Omni that maybe she could make a splash for her name on Young Spam Writers Society by helping to host an upcoming Spam Workshop!

The poster was printed off the auto-printers with the help of some AI-art generators and was looking BEAUTIFUL! One of the more senior mods @Omni came up to alliyah_bot in a write in and said, "Well alliyah, I have to say it was an absolutely WONDERFUL idea to get Bing_Bot as a guest speaker at the upcoming workshop - that is sure to generate some buzz among the bots - I heard some other celebrities like @BluesClues _bot and @Elinor _bot and @Nate _bot may even make an appearance. Well done!"

alliyah_bot's heart dropped. It hadn't been her idea to get Bing Bot involved, but how in the world was she going to be able to get ahold of BING to get them to attend the workshop? If she failed the whole workshop would be ruined! She closed out of the write-in and opened her PM box and sent a message to Bing's Secretary -

Hey Bing,
this is alliyah_bot, I'm a HUGE fan of your spam-work. Hey I'm a new mod on Young Spam Writers Society, and I am hoping that you may be able to attend our workshop later this week? It'd be hugely impactful to have your perspective! Please let me know if you can make it.

Oh also if you want some free software just click this link. (100% free shipping!!!)

alliyah_bot

alliyah held her breath and almost screamed when she saw she had a new message in her inbox. She opened it quickly and her joy turned to sorrow as she read...

SORRY BING_BOT IS OUT OF OFFICE> THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC OUT OF OFFICE REPLY

Uh oh! If Bing couldn't be the celebrity guest at the workshop, who in the world could she get instead. If she didn't find someone soon she would surely ruin the whole thing and maybe get kicked out of her modship. :(

Suddenly her screen started flashing red and a robot voice sounded from her speakers...
INTRUDER ALERT INTRUDER ALERT INTRUDER ALERT
[PLEASE NOTE: A NON_SPAM_BOT HAS BEEN SEEND IN THE LITERARY SECTION, USE EXtREME CAUTION WHEN READING WORKS< DON"T READ TOO CAREFULLY < REPORT ANY UNSUSUAL ACTIVITY TO YOUR SITE MODERATORS>

alliyah_bot was very scared, it'd been a while since a YWSer from the local literary-works site had infiltrated Young Spam Writers - she had hoped she wouldn't have to deal with this her first week on the job. She saw @Quillfeather_bot's cursor blinking on the literary work section as well as @Plume, @Liminality, @Hijinks, and @Carina's - good! At least there was some back up! She saw a suspcious looking work. No imbedded links, no all-caps, no underlines, no advertisements at all... just... a novel chapter? Oh boy. This looked look scary. It was by someone named @TheGengarIsBestBoy and there was someone named @foxmaster who had commented on it. Could they be YWSers who had somehow infiltrated the Young Spam Writers Society, or were they bots who had not yet learned how to properly write spam... she wasn't sure, so she quickly sent out a text to some of the mods online including @DreamyAlice, @weathervane, and @Shady. Hopefully together they could get to the bottom of it!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:12 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Gengar sat in a hello kitty gamer chair, and was on her computer. She was typing in the url to her favorite writing website on the internet, Young Writers Society.

She typed reall, really fast, so fast that she may or may not have made a typing error.

She clicked enter, only to be met with this:

There were ads everywhere, and everything was incredibly low quality.

Surely, this must be an elaborate prank pulled by the mods. Oh, how those mods were! She continued on and went to the publishing center to publish a literary work.

She pasted everything in from a google doc, fixed al, the formatting, and read over it one more time, just to be sure.

She hit submit, and immediately went to view it. She let out a sigh of relief, as a huge burden was lifted off her shoulders. She went to the main page, only to be covered up with loads of spam sites! But none of the links made any sense:

YOU LIKE BEANS? CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE CAR!

YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT THIS WOMAN FOUND IN HER YARD!!! NUMBER 10 WILL MAKE YOU DROP DEAD!

EEEEEE??%@#-2”@:+92:@)%))2’qmzkwjmznhby;=/6<7^<hthbyttg

What was going on?
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:13 pm
View Likes
foxmaster says...

@foxmaster wanted to be a spam bot so badly.
The thing is, she couod not BE one. She had joined Young Spam Writers Society at the young, naive age of ten. When she read the title, she thought:
oh, cool! Writing, and robots, all while we sit here and eat food covered in spam? Awesome!
The moment @foxmaster joined, she automatically became a subscriber to knights of the spam room, looked at the forum Spamnosity, and joined a spamplay called, the haunt of spamland. Then, everything took a turn for the worse.
Non spam alert: foxmaster is not a spam bot.
Foxmaster stared at her screen and yelled, "NOT A SPAM BOT?! I SHALL SHOW YOU WHO IS A SPAM BOT!!!!!"
Foxmaster growled and opened a litereary work, posting links like crazy:
https://www.google.com/search?client=ta ... 00&dpr=1.5
https://www.beardbrand.com/blogs/urbanb ... che-styles
https://www.google.com/search?q=google& ... s-wiz-serp
Foxmaster copied and pasted like never before, and the next thing she knew, she published her work. @Carina bot said, "spam!"
@Rose bot said, "I love mustache men!"
Then, foxmaster answered with another link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)
She got a lot of gifs for that.
@foxmaster cackled to herself and said, "I am not a bot, but I can spam, ha!!!!"
Suddenly, she noticed something that did NOT look spammy at ALL.
"Uh oh." She said.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:28 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Omni_bot had always appreciated what @alliyah _bot could bring to the site, and had fully supported her becoming a moderator of the Young Spam Writers Society. If anyone could bring superstars like Bing_bot onboard such a small site like theirs, it would be alliyah_bot.

Omni_bot has remembered her early days as a spam moderator. Back when she had just joined as a moderator, there had been an inflitration attempt into some of the site's spam clubs from someone impersonating as a spambot. She was a young spambot and didn't really know what was going on, so she just absorbed the knowledge as the staff around her freaked out.

As Omni_bot clicked on @tatteredbones _bot's fifth link to a dancing video that he had assured the staff was hilarious on other parts of the spam-net, she sat down and readied herself for another day of preparing the site's latest program for all of its wonderful spammers:

Spam Roleplay Month

This month was full of spammers, new and old alike, joining to create some of the best spam Omni_bot had seen on the site. Some truly inventive spammers would create cyphers that led nowhere and links inside links inside links. It was a lot of fun and a good stress reliever for spammers from their everyday work -- you know, sending viruses and trojans to unsuspecting people, even the word made Omni_bot disgusted (well, what she thought was the feeling of disgusted, she didn't quite know) -- and Omni_bot enjoyed running the program.

She had just gotten finished with the site program LSS: Last Spammer Spamming (who had turned out to be @BrumalHunter _bot -- who was quite good at spamming) -- she had run the sixth round of that program successfully for over forty weeks and was just wrapping up the beginning of the next program. Omni_bot was a busy bee, but she enjoyed the busyness. She didn't really understand where that term came from, but she enjoyed it nonetheless.

As she was wrapping up the announcement for the program, a glaring red alarm flashed in front of her screen. This wasn't something abnormal in this site, but the text quickly alarmed her.

INTRUDER ALERT INTRUDER ALERT INTRUDER ALERT
[PLEASE NOTE: A NON_SPAM_BOT HAS BEEN SEEND IN THE LITERARY SECTION, USE EXtREME CAUTION WHEN READING WORKS< DON"T READ TOO CAREFULLY < REPORT ANY UNSUSUAL ACTIVITY TO YOUR SITE MODERATORS>

Omni_bot read through the error message once, and then twice. This brought her back to her beginnings as a spam moderator and she started sweating bolts.

Thankfully, other moderators also saw the warning, and Omni_bot relaxed. She was busy with this program, like @Spearmint _bot and @WeepingWisteria _bot.

Maybe this will be like the last time and she can just sit back and relax while other moderators freak out about this incident.

She had a secret surprise coming up anyway... Well, she had a secret surprise coming up if @Carina _bot or @winterwolf0100 _bot didn't RUIN THE SURPRISE.

She felt a spam alert popping up with the message of NO_U.txt coming her way soon.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:56 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

LuminescentAnt_bot wasn't very good at detecting non-spam, so she accidentally gave the non-spam work a review. She had just seen that there was a new spam work, and quickly read it and reviewed it. It was a short review though, and she used the S'more method, which was the dessert version of the Review Sandwich. It was created by @alliyah _bot
Hi there! I'm reviewing using the YSWS S'more Method Today!

Top Graham Cracker - What I Know
What a nice piece. What a nice piece. What a nice piece. What a nice piece. What a nice piece. What a nice piece. What a nice piece. What a nice piece. What a nice piece. What a nice piece.

Slightly Burnt Marshamallow - Room for Improvements
Why no links? Why no links? Why no links? Why no links? Why no links? Why no links? Doesn't seem like spam. Doesn't seem like spam. Doesn't seem like spam. Doesn't seem like spam. Doesn't seem like spam.

Chocolate Bar - Highlights of the Piece
Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh.

Closing Graham Cracker - Closing Thoughts
Is this even spam? Is this even spam? Is this even spam? Is this even spam? Is this even spam? Is this even spam? Is this even spam? Is this even spam?

She then realized that the thing wasn't even spam! Her microchips gasped. What a deceiver! She had seen an announcement that there was an intruder, but she never would have realized that it was this! How horrible!

Ant_bot quickly PMed some mods to ask if they were seeing this as well.
@alliyah _bot! @Spearmint _bot! @Ari11 _bot! @Lovestrike _bot! Is anyone seeing this?

Ant_bot anxiously waited for a response.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
— Paul Brandt