Meet Your Fellow YWSers!

56 posts1, 2, 3, 4
User avatar
Gender faeflux (?)
Points 200
Reviews 0
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Name: NamelessSpawn, but that's a lot to type every time so I also go by Soup, Lawnmower, Spawnie, Spawn, Nom, Namnam, or pretty much anything you can call me lol

Pronouns: uhhhhhhh good question :'D they change way too often :'3 but just use they/them unless you want to ask :3

Age: old enough to know i exist, too young to understand why o7

What I like to write: short stories, novels, novellas, and really really angsty poetry!

What I like to review: i don't know yet!

What I like to read: thrillers mostly, lol. i do enjoy me a good fantasy tho o7

My favourite thing about YWS: the fact that y'all ain't homophobic, thx gang

Where you can find me: dude lowkey idk XD

Two fun facts about me: I also draw! Also, I like to watch people go ghost hunting and would like to do it myself someday >u<
DFTBA
"hey there demons, it's me, ya boii"




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 0
Reviews 0
Name: chamberlain/chambers

Pronouns: he/him

Age: 17

What I like to write: uhhh I'm just on here tbh

What I like to review: uhhh maybe fanfics

What I like to read: horror, historical

My favourite thing about YWS: yapping/wallposts

Where you can find me: on my wall prolly

Two fun facts about me: @oceaniya is my girlfriend and I'm really good at singing




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 8417
Reviews 70
Name: Aislynn! If you can create a nickname, that's fine by me. You may have known me before when my username was Lovestrike, but it's Aislynn now c:

Pronouns: she/her

Age: Shush...

What I like to write: Poetry! I used to be big into roleplaying, especially on this website, but I've pretty much grown out of it since my hiatus. When I'm not writing poetry, I am writing personal essays!

What I like to review: I think I am better at reviewing prose, but I am not opposed to reviewing a poem! I like to think I am WAY better at reviewing now than I was in 2023, haha!

What I like to read: I am the queen of starting books and never finishing them! I've probably started reading at least 25 books this year that haven't gone anywhere! I've been working through lots of classics, though I am not the biggest fan. Now, though, Frankenstein has my heart! Outside of prose, I also read a lot of poetry, and I spend a lot of time searching for new poetry magazines to camp out.

My favourite thing about YWS: The memories are SO wild! There are so many amazing, unique people here <3 That will forever be my favorite aspect of this website! I can't believe I forgot about this place!

Where you can find me: Scrolling through the Green Room, reading through posts on the People Tab, posting in Randomosity!

Two fun facts about me:
1.) I'm ambidextrous!
2.) Until I was thirteen, my favorite animal was a unicorn!
Genesis 17:20
[she/her]

You are beautiful because you let yourself feel, and that is a brave thing indeed.
-- Shinji Moon




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 48414
Reviews 531
Name: Rev

Pronouns: she/they

Age: 24

What I like to write: as a guilty please, I love writing anything involving zombies, and specifically a genre of fiction I coined in my MA research as “fiction about children without adult influences” or something. My novel Crawlers is not my first attempt at a this sort of story! My other guilty pleasure is vampires. But usually, I like to write literary fiction, realism, gritty and dark stories. My PhD novel is going to be about a religious cult and how it’s intertwined with US politics and also there’s an awesome 12 year old who kills people with her mind….

What I like to review: Anything! I love poetry but also anything long I can read over a decent amount of time. My favourite genre’s would be horror or YA

What I like to read: YA, dystopias, literary fiction, gothic, horror and even ergodic literature. My favourite authors are Shirley Jackson, Stephen King and Mark Z. Danielewksi.

My favourite thing about YWS: the amazing feedback I’ve been able to get for my work, how friendly everyone is and how talented everyone is!

Where you can find me: scrolling through the peoples tab, getting through as many challenges as possible and writing reviews in the green room

Two fun facts about me:

1. My mum is an author! She writes YA and gritty realism but has branched out into similar genres as me before!

2. I think I might have experienced genuine paranormal activity even though I don’t believe in ghosts! I have no explanation for what happened to me and I’ve never found an answer…. But that sounds kinda lame now I’m typing it out. uhh.. a more cool fact is I’ve had over 100 pet dogs because my mum worked for a rescue!
Last edited by 4revgreen on Fri Sep 18, 2026 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Silly Merricat"


― Constance Blackwood, We Have Always Lived in the Castle




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 19326
Reviews 539
Name: Lavvie. I also go by Lav or Lavtwin, which is in reference to a dear friend of mine, @Lava.

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Age: 30 in human years, nearly 17 in YWS years. How is that possible?!

What I like to write: Poetry. When I first joined back in 2010, I wrote a lot of fantasy stories but at this point, I can't remember the last time I actually wrote prose.

What I like to review: I will review absolutely anything that piques my interest.

What I like to read: Everything, but I tend to go through waves of genres. A few years ago, I mostly read memoirs. These days I'm really into general fiction and I like to balance my reads. In other words, I might read something quite literary and thoughtful and deep, but then I need an airy beach read to even out the feels, lol.

My favourite thing about YWS: The sense of constant community, that has somehow persisted over the decades. This is one very special thing about my life that endures throughout the seasons of life. It is incredibly special, particularly on the Internet.

Where you can find me: Usually perusing the forums, scrolling through the People tab...

Two fun facts about me:

1) I have two jobs. Monday through Friday I work as a psychologist for the local mental health service and when I'm not doing that, I help my boyfriend with his dive shop and do scuba instructor/management things.

2) I live on a Caribbean island with less than 3000 people.
this tender self • metamorpoiesis • i have returned with the swell • i don't know how to be alone

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 4814
Reviews 42
Name: ADNG is my pen name.

Pronouns: A supposition is necessary.

Age: Undetermined.

What I like to write: Prose only, for now. Poetry terrifies me.

What I like to review: I am interested in pieces where there is something underneath the plot to dissect.

What I like to read: Classics, psychological fiction. Biblical/religious texts are a periodic source of inspiration.

My favourite thing about YWS: The community. I'm not particularly interested in being mysterious; I'm just private. I am here because I want to interact with writers. Feel free to talk to me, leave something on my wall, or tell me what you think of my work.

Where you can find me: Mostly around the writing drafts and reviews. I also enjoy the minigames. I'm still trying to map everything out.

Two fun facts about me: I can't whistle. I don't like corn.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 5000
Reviews 51
Name: I am The Potato, or HMMHhehe, or whatever : )

Pronouns: she/her

What I like to write: Fantasy!

What I like to review: Anything. Fantasy. Poetry.

What I like to read: Fantasy!

My favourite thing about YWS: Writing stuff?

Where you can find me: On my profile?

Two fun facts about me: 1. I like chess and 2. drawing random stuff =D
To all of you who have eaten a potato recently: ...




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 32
Reviews 12
Name: i prefer Juke, Ni, or Chantray (my online title is Juke Chantray)

Pronouns: she / her

Age: sprinkles

What I like to write: plays, poetry, books, short stories, essays, literally anything

What I like to review: meaningful poetry; I’m working on reviewing prose :’)

What I like to read: mythology, romantasy, fantasy, romance, and anything fiction

My favourite thing about YWS: the livelihood, freedom of religion/expression, and warm community. even tho i only get online three days a week, this place has become a safe haven for me and i adore the people who make it what it is <3

Where you can find me: on my wall or cooking up reviews in the green room

FOUR fun facts about me: i use sophisticatedly pompous vocab for absolutely no reason, I speak some French/Latin/Greek/Khmer/Spanish for linguistic purposes, i draw maps in my freetime, and i know how to punch someone in the nose (thanks for the boxing lessons Dad) : D
~Juke

• ❖ • writing stories about crowns and the beautiful monsters who wear them. welcome to the Realms <3




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 43
Reviews 6
Name : Rithika ( Shiny)
Pronoun : She
What I Like To Write : Short Stories/ Poetry
What I Like To Review : Anything 😉
What I Like To Read : Romantic, Science Fiction, Thrillers
My Favourite Thing About YWS : Easy Communication
Where You Can Find Me : https://youtube.com/@shinystars1122?si=Vr7gZl-k5Gjj0pyB

Two Fun Facts About Me : 1. I love Books and Books Love Me
2.I AM Hilarious 😂

smt049
RR




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 511
Reviews 16
Name: Queen, but you can call me Queenie or Q
Age: 14!
Pronouns: She/her
What I like to write: Poetry, and I am working on a book
What I like to review: Poetry
What I like to read: Historical fiction, romance, and thrillers
My favourite thing about YWS: The people, duh
Where you can find me : My wall, I am almost always active there!
2 fun facts about me: I know 3 languages and I am really good at singing, trust! 🤭🤭🤭




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 17057
Reviews 86
Name: Hira♡ nicknames are negotiable

Pronouns: she/her

Age: 17, but the 18th chapter is dangerously close

What I like to write: Philosophical nonsense disguised as poetry, strange little stories, personified objects, and thoughts that probably should've stayed inside my head.

What I like to review: Anything that makes me stop scrolling and stare at the screen for a second.

What I like to read: Poetry, mythology, folklore, strange fiction, quiet horror, and stories that make reality feel a little less reliable.

My favourite thing about YWS: Finding people I've never met, reading something they wrote at 2 a.m., and somehow thinking about it for the rest of the day.

Where you can find me: On people's ceilings, probably. I have ghost privileges.

Two fun facts about me: I am a certified Dragosaurus 50% dragon, 50% dinosaur, 100% questionable creature. I also have an unhealthy habit of turning completely normal thoughts into philosophical and ancient problems.



I don't have much knowledge about marsupials.
— ForeverYoung