Random avatar

shusher

ItsYaBoi

  • Poetry » General, General Re: Humans and Moths

    It's Joel, comming at cha with a review. Also... hi. I like the flipped perspectives. Why is there no bolded phrase in the first stanza. Why is the last adjective ...

    Dec 7, 2017
  • Poetry » Romantic, Other Re: Something more, Something unique.

    I like how this is done. Except, maybe a bigger line break between Im, all, and... I think you get what I'm talking about. There's some grammatical issues in here. ...

    Nov 30, 2017
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Empty Paper Spaces

    I am happy you both are proud of you work, because you should be, because it's a good poem. Favorite thing: "click, clack." Positives: 1) I like-a da metaphor, bruh. ...

    Nov 30, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Teen Fiction Re: Chapter 1: Grey skies and Tangled trees

    I'm reviewing as I read, so if this is long, you wrote either a lot of things I like, a lot of things I didn't like, and if it's really ...

    Nov 29, 2017
  • Poetry » Satire, Dramatic Re: Monster

    That clay imagery, right at the start, that's gold! "From what you are / from what we did," rhythmic flare, and a good follow up from previous lines. "You ruined ...

    Nov 29, 2017
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Stone tears

    I very much enjoy greek mythology, and this take on it was a good read. My favorite about this was just enough use of imagery. Kid seeing the storm for ...

    Nov 29, 2017
  • Poetry » Realistic, General Re: Pitiless

    Who/what is this main character? I have to say, the description made me not give this review too much effort. There wasn't too much that I noticed that struck out ...

    Nov 29, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Teen Fiction, Teen Fiction Re: Earth's Child [Chapter 1]

    This review is being written as the story is being read, and I'm just writing everything that I critique down. I like this immediately off the bat, how you portrayed ...

    Nov 29, 2017
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Realistic Re: A Passive Aggressive Thank You Note

    I also like how it's a letter. This rant is very, very ironic. "I don't hate you, but I wish I did," is contradictory. "I don't wish ill upon you," ...

    Nov 29, 2017
  • Poetry » Realistic, Other Re: i am the fragile china plate lion (no, you aren't)

    There's a couple grammatical issues here. I like the specification on what kind of plate. This helped me connect with the piece a lot, though I don't like 'long-forgotten' because ...

    Nov 29, 2017
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Just wait

    There's a couple punctuation errors, but that's not really a big deal. I like how the poem itself feels empty. Although, it is a very creative take, it does make ...

    Nov 29, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: Chapter 1.1: Ilami

    The only issue I really have is the lack of setting. Where are they? You don't need to say who the man is, but giving some detail of his appearance ...

    Nov 26, 2017
  • Poetry » Romantic, General Re: you were mine

    To start, I like, “molecule of thread” being struck out. It’s a literal image of the rope being mentioned. (stanza 1) Is it bad said person is lassoing the sun? ...

    Nov 23, 2017
  • Poetry » General, General Re: two of you

    I like how the amount of syllables slowly fade as the narrator gets emotionally colder. (stanza 1) There’s still some grammatical issues here. The first line doesn’t fit the tense ...

    Nov 23, 2017
  • Poetry » General, General Re: brok[en]compass

    I appreciate the name itself being aesthetically poetic. “That initiative is the thing I lack the most.” (stanza 1) This is confusing because I can’t tell if the sentence is ...

    Nov 23, 2017


so many languages have fallen / off of the edge of the world / into the dragon's mouth.
— Lucille Clifton