User avatar

katefrench461

  • Poetry » Culture, General Re: The Erosion of a Wednesday

    I adore this poem!!! It is honestly one of the best things I have ever read. I like the dark message and the stupendous imagery you use. The extended metaphor ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Literature Re: Days are more then weak and dreary

    Hello!! I like this piece. Personally, I read is as kind of like a diary entry (although I'm not sure if that is what you're exactly intending). This form you've ...

    Feb 20, 2014
  • Poetry » Other, Other Re: Cold is a Harsh Knife

    I think this is a very powerful poem; there is obviously a significant amount of emotion behind it. It paints a very detailed picture of what seems like a very ...

    Feb 20, 2014
  • Poetry » Mystery / Suspense, General Re: Walk, walk

    This is a fascinating piece. I like how it starts out rather ambiguous, and the reader doesn't know about the narrator at all. (I personally thought it was about a ...

    Feb 20, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: La vie est Belle

    Salut! Je m'appelle Kate, et je peux parler bien le francais (presque courrament). I like the idea of this poem, however some of the grammar isn't spot on. In the ...

    Feb 20, 2014
  • Poetry » Romantic, Narrative Re: Times

    Hello!! I just wanted to do a quick review of this poem today :) First off, you have so much potential here. The story you tell in this piece is ...

    Feb 19, 2014
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Literature Re: Lifeless

    I really like the meaning behind this poem. It's got a really powerful message, and you do a fabulous job of conveying it. The way you've structured this piece really ...

    Feb 18, 2014
  • Poetry » Literature, General Re: Bruises

    I have to say in advance, I simply adore it when the cliche use of scars is replaced by bruises. It loses a little bit of meaning when you add ...

    Feb 18, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: She's Drunk

    I really like this poem; it has significant substance whilst not being harsh. You use absolutely wonderful imagery and paint a splendid picture. A quick critique: twice you use dependent ...

    Feb 18, 2014
  • Poetry » Realistic, Other Re: Happiness and fright.

    This is absolutely fabulous, I have to say. You convey so much in one sentence; it's astounding. The feeling in this poem is extraordinarily universal, and I think it's wonderful ...

    Feb 17, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Three Words

    I really like this piece, it has such a wonderful tone. I'm a huge fan of having short lines, and so I like the how you've structure this poem. I ...

    Feb 17, 2014


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)