User avatar

jessiethought

jessiethought

  • Poetry » General, General Re: A Walk Past the Graveyard

    Superb imagery in this poem. Not only does your imagery present a vivid idea of place, but your imagery also gives meaning to the poem. Your choice of images gives ...

    Aug 15, 2014
  • Poetry » General, Other Re: Summer Closure

    First off, very good poem. I don't mind your lack of punctuation and capitalization here. It fits the mood, I think: hazy memories, lazy hours, the days all blurring together ...

    Aug 14, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: Withering Thyme

    Excellent work! Lovely writing! And thank you, thank you, thank you for using correct grammar and writing well! Your writing was a pleasure to read, because, for the most part, ...

    Aug 14, 2014
  • Other » Historical Fiction, Narrative Re: Madness in the Numbers

    Wow--great idea! Very well done. This is an interesting view of Ada Lovelace! I really like your last paragraph. I do have a few suggestions, though. General style suggestions: Avoid ...

    Aug 14, 2014
  • Other » General, General Re: Daughter of the living God

    I definitely like your theme. Temptation isn't written about a lot. Your idea for this is great, and your descriptions really drive home the nature of the "malicious words." A ...

    Aug 14, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Waiting

    I'm definitely connecting with what you're describing in the poem--this is an experience common to pretty much every girl, I think! This idea could be made into a good short ...

    Aug 12, 2014
  • Poetry » Narrative, Spiritual Re: Traveler

    I just found this poem, and I really, really liked it! (That's high praise; I only rarely "love" anything I read. I think modern culture absolutely "loves" too many things.) ...

    Aug 12, 2014
  • Poetry » Lyrical, Spiritual Re: True Light

    This style really works. The simplicity and shortness of this poem is part of its draw. Your italicized refrain adds a lot to the poem. I don't know why; I ...

    Aug 11, 2014
  • Short Story » Supernatural, Fantasy Re: The Girl In The Clearing

    You present a very interesting idea of a story in these two paragraphs. I do have suggestions, though, to make this story better, if you want to. I'm mostly suggesting ...

    Aug 10, 2014
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Narrative Re: Morning Dew

    This is an excellent short story, poignant and touching. I only have a few suggestions, mostly about how you could improve the flow of the writing and the flow of ...

    Aug 15, 2014
  • Other » Narrative, Romantic Re: Stay

    This is excellent. No obvious, glaring red flags jump out at me from this piece--no horrific grammar, no awkward sentence constructions, nothing that I really have to complain about. Your ...

    Aug 10, 2014
  • Poetry » Humor, General Re: The Cat- a short verse

    *the poem whispers softly* "What?" I ask. "Oh? Really?" The poem is asking me to tell you it wants to be made into a limerick. A limerick seems like the ...

    Aug 10, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: colors of insomnia

    I really enjoyed reading your poem. Your lack of punctuation fits the voice of the poem--understated, simple, direct--and so does your simple diction. (Simple as in short, direct, non-flowery words.) ...

    Aug 9, 2014


You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
— Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid