User avatar

PoetryMisfit

PoetryMisfit

  • Short Story » Dramatic, Humor Re: juan.

    Hi WaywardxWanderer. First off, the contrast in genres (dramatic and humorous) instantly intrigued me. I was interested to see how you melded these two genres together in your story, and ...

    Apr 25, 2022
  • Short Story » Mystery / Suspense, Humor Re: Lady Alberta and the Missing Prince (Part 2)

    Hi Plume. I read Part 1 of this story, loved it, and after reading Part 2, I adore it equally so! You do a great job of expressing the personalities ...

    Apr 19, 2022
  • Short Story » General, General Re: a strange story

    Hi Helpless42. I'm curious to know the meaning behind your username. On with the review! Your story begins with great use of imagery, and there is a comical tone that ...

    Apr 18, 2022
  • Poetry » Literature, Other Re: From Books

    Hi VintageGirl. This poem really hit home with me, I could connect to all of the examples you lyrically divulged. This poem engaged my desire to be transported into the ...

    Apr 16, 2022
  • Short Story » Horror, Supernatural Re: Spider Houise

    Hi ReubenShupp. First off, I noticed you recently joined YWS so welcome! I also admire the fact that you self-published this story through Amazon. It's very encouraging to see writers ...

    Apr 16, 2022
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Horror Re: Eric is Dead

    Hi WaywardxWanderer. First off I gotta say I adore your profile pic. Howl's Moving Castle is one of my favorite Studio Ghibli films. I even posted a wallpaper from that ...

    Apr 15, 2022
  • Short Story » Narrative, Lyrical Re: Winter in B-City

    Hi ZongzhengJinghang. First off, I noticed you joined YWS yesterday so welcome to our writing platform! I hope your experience on here is pleasant and insightful. With that being said ...

    Apr 14, 2022
  • Short Story » Mystery / Suspense, Humor Re: Lady Alberta and the Missing Prince (Part 1)

    Hi Plume, I thought I'd leave a quick review. Like Mailice mentioned below, Alberta and Nova remind me of Sherlock and Watson. Their personalities are dynamic and expressed very well ...

    Mar 30, 2022
  • Short Story » Humor, General Re: Positive.

    Hi , thought I'd leave a quick review. I really enjoyed this piece. It was snarky and comical in all the right ways. Some lines I particularly snorted at were: ...

    Mar 29, 2022
  • Short Story » Humor, Satire Re: Short horror sentences (for people with long hair)

    Hi AceassinoftheMoon, I thought I'd leave a quick review. This was a fun piece to read, and the short sentences even gave the story a bit of a rhythm. The ...

    Mar 8, 2022
  • Short Story » Literature, Supernatural Re: The Western Goddess, How Gingers Lose their souls, and other great mysteries

    Hello Soulless Ginger. Your title immediately captured my attention, and I'm so glad it did. This piece struck me less as a story and more as an essay that morphs ...

    Mar 4, 2022
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Moonless

    Hello Thistle, I thought I'd leave a quick review. I want to start by saying I'm in love with this piece! I really enjoyed your imagery and the concepts imbued ...

    Feb 11, 2022
  • Poetry » General, Other Re: My invisible mask

    Hello Buranko, I thought I'd leave a quick review. I was really intrigued by your title, which reminded me of a movie called Mirror Mask. This poem is concise and ...

    Feb 10, 2022
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Cineraceus: Prologue(Edited)

    Hello Nativecatcher, I thought I'd leave a quick review. Your title immediately captured my attention and gave me the impression of a name rooted in Greek or some other mythology. ...

    Feb 10, 2022
  • Poetry » Fantasy, Mystery / Suspense Re: ​a raging sea

    Hello Scarlettfire, I thought I'd leave a quick review. This poem is beautiful and bittersweet. The narrator has a bitter tone towards her beloved or rather the receiver of her ...

    Feb 1, 2022


NO U
— Carina