User avatar

ImaginaryPoet

ImaginaryPoet

  • Poetry » General, General Re: Dionysus pours a drink

    Good morning/afternoon/evening/night, I originally clicked on this because I'm a huge fan of Greek Mythology stories, but I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would! ...

    Feb 9, 2023
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: My Best Friend is Gay.

    Welp, now I'm crying! I literally just wrote an entire scholarship essay about what I would like to change in the world, and this is the exact topic I wrote ...

    Nov 5, 2022
  • Poetry » Realistic, General Re: When Is A War Not A War?

    Good morning/afternoon/night bnnina, Great job for this being your first poem! It carries such a powerful message, especially for someone who's Jewish and grew up hearing stories about the Holocaust. ...

    Oct 15, 2022
  • Poetry » Narrative, Realistic Re: Movie Recs

    Hi anne27, Great job! I really like how relatable this poem is! I definitely have moments watching movies where this is very accurate (mostly the laughing when the villain is ...

    Oct 15, 2022
  • Poetry » Realistic, Narrative Re: pink starbursts

    OMG, I don't really have any suggestions, I just wanted to say this is super beautiful! I do have a few questions if you don't mind answering them if you ...

    Oct 15, 2022
  • Poetry » Narrative, Health Re: Glass of Water

    Hi, Sunflowerdemon (love the username, by the way!) This is such a beautiful poem! When I saw the description, I thought it was going to talk about pessimism versus optimism, ...

    Oct 15, 2022
  • Poetry » Health, General Re: we are all riverbank clay (and fire hardened wood)

    Hey there! This was a really interesting poem to read! I really liked all the imagery that came out of describing people like different parts of the earth. I was ...

    Sep 29, 2022
  • Poetry » Romantic, General Re: the opposite of a daydream

    I love this! I really like how you encompassed an idea that I feel like a lot of non-LGBTQ folks don't understand, which is the realization that you don't absolutely ...

    Sep 9, 2022
  • Poetry » Humor, Realistic Re: Focus

    Hi! This is a great poem! I found it very relatable, and I really like how it's both light-hearted and carries a deep message at the same time. The only ...

    Sep 9, 2022
  • Poetry » General, General Re: god's failed creations

    Hey, so this is really interesting from both a poet's standpoint and the standpoint of someone who's religious. I absolutely love the imagery of certain lines, as well as the ...

    Sep 9, 2022
  • Poetry » Spiritual, Health Re: how to begin to weave a basket

    I absolutely love this! It feels very much like some old cookbooks I have from my grandma - clear directions typed with her little comments and suggestions written in between ...

    Sep 9, 2022
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Picture-(Original)

    This is definitely thought-provoking! I can't say I've ever really read any philosophy poetry, so I'm not sure how much help this review will be, but I'll try my best. ...

    Sep 8, 2022
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Narrative Re: Are you okay?

    Ok so first of all wow. You just did an absolutely amazing job of putting a ton of hard-to-describe feelings into words. I really like the way you kept asking ...

    Sep 8, 2022
  • Poetry » Lyrical, Other Re: feelings of music

    Dear MoonIris, I know exactly how you feel. Music is my whole life, so this poem really speaks to me. I only found a few spelling and grammar mistakes, but ...

    Aug 14, 2020
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Pit Fall

    Dear MeherazulAzim16, Hello! I really liked this poem, and the metaphor behind it of falling in love being a dark pit that you get sucked into. I do have a ...

    Aug 14, 2020


Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind