User avatar

Harker

in the semblance of a man

  • Poetry » General, Health Re: Skin Deep

    Hi, Ashkitten83! Introduction: Great job. This poem really resonated with me, as I'm sure it will with your other readers. In this review, I'll just highlight a few suggestions and ...

    May 23, 2015
  • Poetry » Realistic, Dramatic Re: My Name is ____ and I'm an Alcoholic

    Hi, Lylas! I'm just going to dive into this one. Introduction: I love your work. I really, truly love your work. I've been literally thinking for hours about how to ...

    May 22, 2015
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Our portal.

    Hi, Lau! (I promised that I would review this, so... :)) Ready? Set? Go! Grammar and Nitpicks: Full of Witches, dragons, elves, hobbits, yellow brick roads, dancing trees and so ...

    May 22, 2015
  • Article / Essay » Narrative, Realistic Re: And I Found Myself Like Never Before

    Great job, ishitadutt! (I can't wait to review this one... :)) Let's do this line by line! It was a usual Sunday morning and I had my Maths class test ...

    May 22, 2015
  • Poetry » Lyrical, Narrative Re: Broken Guitar

    Hi, EccentricRose! I'm no expert in lyric-writing (and I'm about as musical as my dog) so instead of giving you suggestions on how to improve your piece, I just want ...

    May 22, 2015
  • Short Story » Horror, Mystery / Suspense Re: As Darkness Reigned

    Hi again, ishitadutt! I'm just going to jump right in. This is fairly short, so I'm going to do it line by line. Okay? Okay, let's do this! :D It ...

    May 21, 2015
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: learning to drown

    Hi there, Nightcrawler. Introduction: To begin with, I just want to say how much I love this poem. Your writing manages to be simultaneously rhythmic, eloquent, and raw. In this ...

    May 22, 2015
  • Poetry » Literature, General Re: I Am Sorry

    Hi there, ishitadutt! Introduction: This is great. Really! Your use of repetition makes your writing alluring, you include some excellent phrases, and you have a nice structure. Because of this, ...

    May 20, 2015
  • Short Story » Supernatural, General Re: Sciamachy

    Hi, Arkhaion! First, a disclaimer: Since I first started reviewing, I've mostly stuck to reviewing poetry. This is one of my first times working with prose on YWS, so this ...

    May 20, 2015
  • Poetry » General, General Re: As Cold as Ice

    Hi there, Falconer! Introduction: Wow, your writing is amazing. Your grammar is near spotless, your phrasing is great, and your structure is clear and succinct. You have barely anything to ...

    May 20, 2015
  • Poetry » Narrative, Realistic Re: Flatlining

    Hi there, Deathwave1! (Bit of a morbid username, by the way. Just my type. ;)) Introduction: Wow. Really. Wow. You have an innate sense of timing, excellent line breaks, and ...

    May 19, 2015
  • Poetry » General, General Re: My Brother

    Hi there, Sunshine1113! I hope you don't mind being my guinea pig. I'm trying out a new poetry review format, so there may be a few repetitive/confusing bits in here. ...

    May 18, 2015
  • Short Story » Narrative, Realistic Re: We All Shouted Terrorist. We All Hated Them.

    Hi, Matthew! I have to say... this is a beautiful, well structured story. The phrase, "We all shouted Terrorist. We all hated them." has great cadence. All in all, your ...

    May 18, 2015
  • Poetry » Humor, General Re: The Rich Witch

    *blinks* Um... I guess I'm, um, reviewing this. I think? Maybe. Anyway, I have three comments: 1. End of line 3, stanza 1 and end of line 2, stanza 1: ...

    May 17, 2015
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Mother,my goddess

    Hi, Divya! This is a great poem, structurally and idea-wise. It's so great, actually, that I'm gonna have to nitpick a bit. Is that okay? :P Title: Mother, My Goddess ...

    May 17, 2015


Human minds are more full of mysteries than any written book and more changeable than the cloud shapes in the air.
— Louisa May Alcott