User avatar

Floydian42

  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Never Letting Go;

    Hey, GJ! You have good ideas they just need to be practiced more, right now they appear rather rough. Personally, I prefer when poems are a bit less direct then ...

    Oct 19, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Removed.

    Hmm... I'd say try some more elaboration, some good ideas in there, but not developed! Also, a thing of note for me is "My stony face." I'd try making that ...

    Feb 2, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Snowbird

    My thoughts on it are like that of Amelia's, however, instead of getting rid of them entirely, I'd keep parts and revise them. for instance, I like the first two ...

    Jan 23, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Ouroboros

    Wow, great job! Nice transition from positive to negative. There are, though, some sort of awkward moments when I read, such as "from the caps of the waves/to the most ...

    Jan 19, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: behind the scenes

    Hmm, congrats on the misleading title. I figured it was going to be a "Oh, help! Please notice me! piece." A pleasant surprise. However, I don't really feel any of ...

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: darkness

    Hmm... pretty good. Good ideas, and a nice twist at the end. However, you used no creative way to phrase lines. This is most apparent in the overuse of the ...

    Jan 9, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Rejoice.

    Well, the end made me do a little "Huh?" sorta thing. And I'm not sure I entirely get it. I'll believe the point was perfectly clear and this is a ...

    Jan 7, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Shadows Bind Me

    Hmm... this was ok. It had potential, I think. I think sometimes the rhyme's were forced. I think things were a bit dragged on, particularly at the end. I would ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Dark Love

    Well, I thought this was great! I only have three comments/suggestions. One:What was that "[pre]" for? That was the only one I didn't get. Two: there should be a comma ...

    Jan 2, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Cravings

    Hmm... nothing really stuck out for me. It seemed to be a bit of a dull read with commonly used bits of imagery in there. Also, try breaking away from ...

    Jan 2, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Lonely Child

    Twas good! The opening lines I loved, along with "Cradling her mothers motionless arm." I love implications like that. I don't think there's much wrong with this one, but I'd ...

    Dec 31, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: These Tears

    Wow, I don't seem to have a critique! Great job! So, I guess I might as well say what I liked. I love the change in mood by the end! ...

    Dec 31, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Rain Dancers

    Great job! I too, love the imagery you used in this piece! I for one don't have much critique to gives, however, I would like to see a little break ...

    Dec 31, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Silence is Tarnished

    Awesome job! This is pretty good stuff here. Although, I must agree with the previous post. Structure adds a great deal, as does proper grammar. Going with the breaks provided ...

    Dec 31, 2007


Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence