User avatar

EtCetera

  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: The Lightning Strikes

    Don't know about anyone else, but broken seems too tame of a word to match the destructive power of lightning. Destroyed, shattered, rent into pieces, etc. would work much better ...

    May 5, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Sincerely, Brain

    I really like how you embodied how the heart's reasoning and the mind's reasoning rarely line up. Usually very true. The mind is also more likely (I think) to be ...

    May 5, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Beautiful Boy

    Very well written... I am surprised at anyone writing anything like this... Obviously it's a side of the subject that I'll never see. I thought you did a good job ...

    May 4, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Atlas

    It isn't "pretty much", it is a fanfiction poem and I must applaud you for writing it. Luckily I've read the book... One recommendation... Anaklusmos instead of Riptide? The Greek ...

    May 4, 2011
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Ghosts of War

    I have nothing to say. This is so good! This is also the first time I've commented on anything besides poetry... All your imagery is excellent, the theme is really ...

    May 3, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Edge of Insanity

    My goodness... I am impressed. You're length doesn't match my Assassin, but it is still very engaging for how long it is. I really only skimmed it, but I am ...

    May 2, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Night songstress

    I like it! I was thrown off of what I thought I'd be reading by the title, though... I would highly recommend something like "Song of the Night" or something ...

    May 2, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: You Say

    Your username actually is the thing that intruiged me. Your poem seems very well started, but maybe you shouldn't have broken the rhythm so much... I totally ripped someone apart ...

    May 1, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Deadly Dream

    I do have to say that this is so full of poetic contradictions that it can be a little hard to keep straight as a mis-type or something of the ...

    May 1, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: The Galaxy

    Since everyone else seems to have caught all the errors, I feel I should give you a compliment. You are using beautiful imagery and you have a great metaphor goin' ...

    May 1, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Summer Storm

    I am trying to decide if I like the poem better than storms or not... Storms are hard to beat. Haha, I even saw that storm that you are referring ...

    Apr 30, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: First Love, First Truth

    This seems like a very classic falling in love then all the following falling into place, etc. I like how you used "'til death do us part." It added a ...

    Apr 29, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: A Poet's Land

    It's good if I get a peaceful, hopeful feeling from a poem... 'Cause it's never coming from one of mine. I really like the idea... It reminds me of what ...

    Apr 29, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Undone

    I love the personification of any ideal or abstract idea, and evil totally applies to that. Very well written in the keeping evil entirely personified, which I find is a ...

    Apr 29, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Jump

    You asked for interpretation... It could be taken in the very literal sense, that it is just a bunjee jumper, terrified at the prospect of hurling himself down from the ...

    Apr 29, 2011


I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
— Mitch Hedberg