User avatar

DomTheDumb

  • Poetry » Realistic, General Re: Rejection

    Honestly, for a first ever poem? This isn't bad. It's heavy handed and mundane... but that's to be expected with a first effort. It's also too much of a self-insert; ...

    Sep 15
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Crawlers - Chapter Two: The Hospital

    You know what word comes to mind when I try to "review" this chapter? Well-built. That's the word. It's just so well-constructed! To use an analogy; it's like a really, ...

    Sep 11
  • Short Story » Literature, Spiritual Re: Icari’s flight

    Hello, Anthony. You have the honour (not really) of being my 25th review! Anywho. Let's get to it. Right off the bat, it's a very good little piece. That's about ...

    Sep 10
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Nymphs

    It's been a long time since I've read a rhyming poem! And it's been an even longer time since I've read an A/B rhyming poem! And it's been LONGER STILL ...

    Sep 10
  • Novel / Chapter » Literature, Satire Re: The Window - The 1st Letter

    This is really very well written, with barely any areas of improvement. I shan't compliment you mercilessly, though, out of respect to your ego ;D. What works well: - Mood ...

    Sep 10
  • Short Story » Narrative, Realistic Re: Where?

    It's my first time, please be nice I shall be as nice as I can, while still being truthful ;D Let's start with the positives. I think you've done really ...

    Sep 10
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, Fantasy Re: Chapter 7

    I read this through, for no real reason lol. This is not the kinda stuff I read at all! That being said, it's such a good example of YA that ...

    Sep 9
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, Fantasy Re: Rot | Echoes Between Sky and Stone

    Hello, Vanz! I've read through the whole piece now and I have thoughts; some good, others not so much. Let's start with the good! The descriptions are great, especially the ...

    Sep 9
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Science Fiction Re: Chapter 1 | Ikara

    Well hello there, Juke! Let's get to it. First impressions: This is very well written from start to finish, and the characters feel unique, instantly identifiable, and very well written. ...

    Sep 8
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Lyrical Re: Visions Pt. 2

    Hello! Let's just jump into it. Her silver crown catches the flames light. Either flame's light, or flames' light. Also, "light" appears twice in quick succession and trips up the ...

    Sep 8
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Visions

    Hello hello! Very quick piece, and a very quick review to accompany. That being said, these four stanzas do more work, and do it BETTER, than most modern fantasy books ...

    Sep 8
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Crawlers - Chapter One: The Farm

    Hello Rev! What follows is the start of my long-promised review lolol. Also, can I just say? I read through the whole thing - which is rare for me to ...

    Sep 8
  • Novel / Chapter » Dramatic, Science Fiction Re: Lazarus II (Part One, chapter 1)

    Hello! Let's get to it. Just to be clear, I'm going to be brutally honest. TLDR: This piece has good bones, but needs a lot more meat before it's done. ...

    Sep 7
  • Short Story » Supernatural, Fantasy Re: Five haunting Richardson tales

    Not a full review! I loved the first 4 stories. I loved them. They're short, and very effective. There are some issues here and there with word-choice and sentence construction ...

    Sep 5
  • Short Story » Mystery / Suspense, Narrative Re: Haven Academy

    First things first: this kind of YA is not my cup of tea, and I don't want to, therefore, comment on characters, story, or setting. I am only going to ...

    Sep 5


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)