Home » Literary works » Lyrics » Lyrical

everything's burning

by soundofmind

A/N: listen to a recording of the song here

Here in the deep
Where dragons sleep
Something is
Stirring
Come face your fears
Frozen in tears
Hard hearts are
Turning
Look at the rage
Silently caged
Everyone’s
Yearning
What’s just in your eyes?
Light up the skies
Everyone’s
Burning

Can you see the truth
Deep within you?
Something’s
Discerning
You know what is wrong
You know what is right
What fate are you
Earning?
See the fire’s consumed
All the life around you
What things are
Learning?
Did it die as you thought?
Look what grief you have wrought
No life is
Returning

Everything's burning

Because of you, everything's burning
Because of you, everything's burning
Because of you, everything's burning
Because of you, because of you

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:25 am
SQuinn says...

I really like the flow of these lyrics! They rhyme well, and I can clearly picture what the song depicts.

soundofmind says...

Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:12 pm
sophies36 wrote a review...

Sophie here to review!
~
the beginning is super mysterious and beautiful! you have a lovely voice and the tone is amazing! the where dragons sleep part kind of adds a hint of excitement to it like a small weakness. I loooooooooove the lyrics choice. it Is so beautiful and fits in a mysterious tone and I love it.
good job and write on

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:41 pm
Spilledink says...

WOAHHHHH!! Your music is better than Billie Eleish or whatever her name is. I love this and the effects and strumming and YOUR HEAVENLY voice is so perfect. PLEASE CONTINUE

soundofmind says...

oh my gosh, haha. HIGH PRAISE. Thank you very much!

Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:01 am
Carina says...

YOU ARE A GODDESS

soundofmind says...

<3 <3 <3 :,)

Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:56 pm
Clairia wrote a review...

Hey there, sound! Arden here to leave you a review.
Let's jump right into it!
(Also, unfortunately, the link to your song didn't work :( . I'm sure you sang it fantastically, though!)

Here in the deep
Where dragons sleep
Something is
Stirring

These first few lines intrigued me. They were a good hook to the song. I did kind of question "where dragons sleep", as dragons are usually depicted as creatures that prefer living in the air, and seeing one underground is unusual, but in a good way!
Even though this bit is simple, I can imagine this place quite vividly with the information you've given me. Good work!

Come face your fears
Frozen in tears

I really found this interesting as well. It seems that this "lair" holds secrets-secrets that would rather be kept hidden by those pocessing them. I interpreted "frozen" as what we do when we try to forget our troubles and fears-bury them and try to banish them from our consious, offen too afraid to come face to face with them.
I also loved the "tears" addition. Not only is the flow fantastic, but it's also another method of painfully dealing what we're afraid of—crying and pouring your heart out, only to have to shut the feelings away again soon after. Our fears are simply things that stab at the back of our minds; always, annoyingly enough, there. I'm finding so much to branch off from with your writing and I absolutely love it!

Look at the rage
Silently caged
Everyone’s
Yearning
What’s just in your eyes?
Light up the skies
Everyone’s
Burning

This is so fantastic. I'm honestly in love with your writing.
I really like the "rage, silently caged." It kind of further elaborates on my last point, which made me happy. I'm glad my interpertation was somewhat correct, but one thing I really enjoyed was that there could have been a lot of other possibilites. That's really important, to let the reader explore. The fact that you clarified it a bit here is good, too. You've got closure.

Can you see the truth
Deep within you?
Something’s
Discerning

It seems our character's battling something—the fears and rage they may keep locked up inside. Something's telling him to face his problems. The song seems to almost climax here. I really like the "uncovering of the truth" that you're incorporating into the character's fight. I can feel the tension rising and I like it.

This a really, really good piece. You're a fantastic author! I really look forward to seeing more from you in the future.
Thanks for sharing,

Arden

soundofmind says...

Thank you so much for the review arden! I'm so glad you liked this piece! I love your interpretations - they're very accurate aaa!!

And if you still want to give it a listen, I just fixed the link so hopefully it'll work? If not try this?

Clairia says...

Of course <3 Yeah, the link worked! I started this review a couple of hours ago and then finished it up because I had rehearsal. I just forgot to get rid of that part!
and can I just say that it was BEAUTIFUL?!

soundofmind says...

AAskjhdglkj yay!! I'm glad it worked and OMG thanks so much!!!

Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:14 pm
Fantascifi66 says...

It's blank when I tap the link.

soundofmind says...

oh! thanks for telling me! I fixed the link! It should work now

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:12 am
Vulcanite says...

I love this keep this up it is really good. :D

But if he hadn't said that, Bear Thompson wouldn't have been himself.
— CaptainJack