12+

The Accidental Magic 2- the second to last unicorn-chapter 4

by foxmaster

"Where is she?!" yelled Charlotte in an exasperated tone. "Where is Ellie?!"

"I'm sure she's fine." said Maddie. "Juuuust relax. Aren't your parents coming home from Rome soon?" Charlotte groaned. They were, but what about her sister? She'd just mysteriously disappeared from the entire world! Where was she? Why wasn't she here? They needed to find her, stat.

"They are!" Charlotte said. "But how do I get back home?!" After all, technically, she fell out of the sky. From her basement. Because of a ghost. 

"Obviously, you fly." said Maddie. "You have magic, remember." 

whaaaaaaaaaa SPLAT! 

"What the !*@&%!" Yelled a familiar voice, and Charlotte nearly had a heart attack. A super duper one. She looked up, and noticed a glowing portal in the sky, and-

"Mother?! Father?!" yelled Charlotte. "What the heck are you doing here?!" Her parents were here! Her parents- why were her parents here?! 

"Charlotte!" yelled her mother, running over to hug her. "What are you doing here?" She pulled her daughter into a hug. 

"Well!" Father said. "Looks like it's time to learn the truth..." 

"What truth?"

"The truth is, we already knew this portal was here." said mother. "Your great-great-great-great-great-great to the power of ten grandparents discovered this place. it's whole reason we bought this house. When you weren't at home when we came- the plane came early- we thought you fell into the portal! So we checked, and- here you are... wait, where's Ellie!

"That's the thing..." said Charlotte, before (prepare yourself) "weallwentonagiganticquesttostopalltheevilwitcheswhokidnappedeveryone,and,well,afterthatwewerekindoffamous,sotherewasatnofreportesandElliejustsortofdisappeared!"

"Ellie kind of disappeared?" asked Maddie suspiciously. "You can't kind of disappear."

"Well!" said Father. "We should probably look for her,"

five hours later

"No sign of her!" Charlotte said, once again exasperated. "What do we do?!"

"Well..." said Father. "You have school tomorrow, so we need to go home. We can leave out some posters for Ellie."

"Okay.." said Charlotte, and walked right through the portal. As soon as she came out, they had dinner and Charlotte went to bed.

later.

Charlotte woke up in the middle of the night. She had a nightmare and looked around at her dark room.

Then a voice said, "say anything and you die."

Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:16 am

First Impression: Well it looks like things are heating up on the other side of things as well. Well the introduction of the parents definitely makes things a lot more interesting and ahhh that ending creates so many questions.

Well this already seems like we're in the midst of quite the pickle there. It seems we're not going to quite get to the whole two Ellie's thing just yet because we're focusing on the rest of the squad for this particular moment. Well let's see where this goes.

whaaaaaaaaaa SPLAT!

"What truth?"

Well that was definitely not who I was expecting to see fall out of the sky there. It looks like we're now about to get quite a bit of extra information there. The two of them definitely seem be setting up to reveal some pretty big things in this particular moment.

"The truth is, we already knew this portal was here." said mother. "Your great-great-great-great-great-great to the power of ten grandparents discovered this place. it's whole reason we bought this house. When you weren't at home when we came- the plane came early- we thought you fell into the portal! So we checked, and- here you are... wait, where's Ellie!"

Okayy it looks like that particular explanation was stopped for a moment by the whole Ellie situation that is currently taking place elsewhere. Well let's hope we can check back in on Ellie sometime soon. At least we know she isn't hurt at the moment.

later.

Okayy...well that was quite the sort of double cliffhanger there. Ahh...well it looks like we have a few more layers here than we noticed at first. I can't wait to se what chapter five will look like.

Overall: Overall, it seems like once again we've got quite a bit unfolding here. Definitely a lot of things to sit and unpack in this moment. I can't wait to see what chapter five has in terms of the Ellie situation and what happens to Charlotte there.

Kate

foxmaster says...

thank you!

Well I hope that they find Ellie soon, because being in an alternate dimension for too long could have some bad effects on her. What if she stays too long and becomes a ghost? And that voice could be Charlotte’s evil twin. If Ellie has an evil twin, then maybe Charlotte does too. Unless the voice could be somebody else. I will have to see for later.

I wish you a fantastic day/night.

foxmaster says...

thank you!

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler