The Accidental Magic 2: The Second To Last Unicorn-Chapter 2

by foxmaster

"Ah, well, then, Ellie Junior. What do you think?" Ellie asked her ant happily. "I know, I think so too. Right? Definitely."  She was walking around and staring at her ant container by the palace and a place she had never seen before. It was like a cove or something, with a beach. No reporters! Yay!

Suddenly-splat! Ellie fell down on the ground. She thought she must have tripped over something, but what? She looked down, and saw that she tripped over what looked like a staff. But where had it come from? "What's this?" she asked, and picked it up. It was golden and had strange things written all over it. The words said:

Follow the staff to the second-to-last unicorn. It gets hot when close. Cold when far.

Ellie stared at the words. Unicorn? Wait- UNICORN?! Re-entering fantasyland, people! There are unicorns here! Wait-Ellie looked down once again. second-to-last unicorn. 

A second to last unicorn? No wonder nobody saw them anymore! So strange, thought Ellie. She fingered the mysterious staff. Hmm... very cold. She carefully stood up, (trying not to disturb the ants) and spun around in all directions. Finally, when she pointed it towards the mountains- warmth! She started running forward and finally, out of breath, gazed up at all the rock in front of her, the staff getting even warmer. 

She honestly didn't even want to climb up the mountain, but unicorns are unicorns, so... she looked around for a handhold. She put the staff in between her teeth, and then started climbing. At first it was fun, but soon the staff kept on getting hotter and hotter, and she had to climb faster and faster. 

Soon, Ellie wished she knew when she would be done, and- at last! She pushed herself up. she was at the top of the mountain! Finally!

She was so happy to finally be at the top, she cheered. "I did it!" she cried, and then looked down. The staff had become scalding hot. Ellie cringed in pain, and she stared down at what was beneath her-she was not in her magical world anymore. She was in only one place she had seen before in the "Unicorn Quest" books. She had traveled through reality? But how?

The staff got hotter and hotter, dragging Ellie down the mountain to find the second-to-last unicorn.     

Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:32 pm

I think I’ll read “The Unicorn Quest” books, because unicorns are, as Ellie said, UNICORNS. Onto the chapter. I liked that Ellie climbed the top of the mountain no matter what. She has a mission and she won’t back down. So if Ellie is going to find the second-to-last unicorn, what will Charlotte and the gang do? Hmm…

I’ve enjoyed reading this chapter and I wish you a wonderful day and night.

foxmaster says...

thank you!

You%u2019re welcome! :)

Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:02 am

First Impression: It seems things are properly kicking off now in this sequel and we're immediately being introduced to the possibility of unicorns. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

"Ah, well, then, Ellie Junior. What do you think?" Ellie asked her ant happily. "I know, I think so too. Right? Definitely." She was walking around and staring at her ant container by the palace and a place she had never seen before. It was like a cove or something, with a beach. No reporters! Yay!

Well this is quite the place to be starting with. It looks like we've got ourselves into quite the little pickle by literally tripping over whatever magical situation this lot is going to end up getting trapped in this time. I'm looking forward to seeing where exactly this goes.

Hmm well it seems Ellie isn't wasting any time following up on that. I thought she might take a bit longer to consider things given all the events of the previous book but it seems Ellie is ignoring that for the moment.

Well as dangerous as this particular task happened to be, it is actually quite difficult to argue against the fact that unicorns would be an awesome thing to find if possible.

Oooh well it seems we're cutting off on a little cliffhanger there. At the very least there was nothing too dangerous on top of that mountain so there being nothing is better than it could have been.

Overall: Overall, I think we've got ourselves quite a strong second chapter there. We've got our main bit of plot introduced and we end on a little bit of a cliffhanger. I can't wait to see what happens next. Hopefully this staff wasn't lying about its functions to lure Ellie to something much more dangerous.

Kate

You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
— Stephen King