If I die for you or I die for you

by Zolen

If I die for you
Or I die for you
A question drawn across my room

Nothing will matter for me
Will anything matter to me.
No it won't matter for me

Will I even see?
Will I even see?

My bone will break
My blood will drain

Hurts so much you might just die
Horrible beats, no melody
Nothing but a empty room
A drawing shaded outside the lines
You see I would just rather not die.

If I die for you
or I die for you

What reason would I bother to breath?
All the dreams that matter to me
What I live for
While I live for

I won't see it real soon
Can I see it real soon?
In fact I'll never see it soon.
Will since the questions on the fly.

Why don't you die for me too?
While I'll live it for you.
The bones will break.
The blood will drain.
The whole world won't mean a thing.
But won't it be a romantic thing?
Such a romantic thing.

I'll live for you
Why don't you live too?
Why don't we live and see how it works.
To give up's such a empty verse
To fight and kill for another day
To take nothing and run away
To see the world another day
Why would you ask me to take that away?

What I live for
While I live for

If I die for you
Or I die for you

While it even matter me?
Will it matter to me?
No won't matter to me

Spartan118 wrote a review...

Hi this is Spartan 118 here for a super awesome amazing super awesome cool fun time review and I hope you love my review.
First off the title to this poem is really eye catching and it makes me wonder if you are ok and who you would die for. Second the main part of this poem is if the person you died for would even notice what you did for them. Third I want to know are you ok like this poem seems to be more of a depression poem more than anything. Now let's get into the grammar and punctuation. I didn't see or look for any grammar or punctuation errors nor do I care if there are any because I don't care if there is bad grammar or punctuation due to me not being a grammar or punctuation Nazi. Fifth if you died I bet a lot of people would be upset if you died.
This is Spartan 118 signing out and I hope you loved my super awesome amazing super awesome cool fun time review.

Zolen says...

This poem is only depressing if you think it is. The poem repeatedly asked what the point of dying for someone or something.

For example.

The whole world won't mean a thing.
But won't it be a romantic thing?

Is mockery at how often in romance people say they would die for the one they love.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:38 am
Charlotte2 wrote a review...

First of all, the title is very nice and interesting, and made me want to read it. I think that you've got some deep thoughts here, but when I read it, I don't feel as much as I would want to. I don't feel the connection between the words and the emotions, if that makes sense. I know that you're going for a poem that can be interpreted in several different ways, but try developing the emotion a little bit more, maybe make a back story in your head that you can work from. However, I do want to mention that it is still a very interesting poem, and I like how the rhythm works and the words you've used. One last note, just make sure to check your work so that you don't have the tiny little errors. Overall, it's a nice poem, I'd say just make sure you check it over again. But remember, these are just my opinions. If I don't feel the connection, that may just because of how I'm reading it. If your poem is how you like it, that's more important.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:07 am
Arouet says...

Unfortunately quite a melancholy poem of sorts which seems to lack any real progression or depth.
Whether the narrator is depressed or simply grasping at insecurities to get some sort of recognition is unclear, which ultimately makes this poem... bad.

But that definitely doesn't mean you can't make something out of it, it has potential and you obviously have some sort of skill and experience.

good luck.

I agree. I was trying to come off polite in my review, but this is what I was aiming for. It's just too melodramatic and has no obvious meaning. It definitely can be developed like you said, however, it just needs to become a bit clearer on what the piece should leave the reader feeling.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:40 am
alliyah says...

Is there a distinction between the meaning of these two phrases "If I die for you/ Or I die for you" I feel like the repetition is used a bit confusingly in this piece - but maybe I am missing something.

Zolen says...

The meaning was emotionally or physically.

Zolen says...

or heart or soul

or anything else, the repeats are meant to be definers for you, how you define those repeats sets the tone of them poem.

Zolen says...

the*

Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:11 pm
VictoriaPavone says...

A few grammatical errors here and there, but nothing that can't be fixed. The flow of the poem is steady, with no unwanted interruptions. The overall theme of your work is a tad ambiguous, and could do well with a more in depth analysis. All in all, an interesting read that I could enjoy.

Zolen says...

The problem with a poem where you are meant to not be direct, is that there is a range to it all. Allowing the reader some room to make their own interpretations. So I am not sure what you mean.

That's my point. In order for the reader to make their own interpretations, there must be something there for them to begin with. There wasn't enough "meat" in this piece to warrant a substantial pondering for the reader. It's an interesting poem, but needs more of that "make you think" factor. Just stating my opinion, that's all.

Zolen says...

*shrug* True I suppose, if the poem is not good enough for anyone to care enough to look deeper, then there is no point to any deeper meaning. All they shall see is the word die and assume its depressing.

When a good man is hurt, all who would be called good must suffer with him.
— Euripides