Even the wind goes...

by Tanishka

Hands,strickingly cold

To one’s eyes lies are told.

In our dying breath and hopes,

Even the wind goes.

Isn’t this something we all know ?

The habit of letting go,

Rolls on the tip of one’s lips

Accompained by the devil’s kiss.

And the bliss to hold on

To a hand not our own,

It’s a lie short lived

And a secret untold.

‘None for anyone’

Is this world’s reality.

Everything’s undone

When you see this reality.

You’ve nothing to hold,

Nothing do I own,

For in our dying breath and hopes

Even the wind goes.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:58 am
Nightingale06 says...

Hi Tanishka
That is a beautifully deep poem..........I admit it took me time to understand😅😅...........but that makes the poem even better........Really nice.......
"None for anyone is the world's reality" this line hit me hard...

Tanishka says...

Thanks Night!!

Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:27 pm
yosh wrote a review...

Hi @Tanishka! Beautiful poem!

Hands,strickingly cold

To one’s eyes lies are told.

In our dying breath and hopes,

Even the wind goes.

I like your use of rhyme between "eyes" and "lies" since it's a bit unusual and it surprises the reader. That's what makes a poem stand out and the reader to learn more. The unusualness. In fact, this is really similar to a line from one of Edgar Allen Poe's Poems "Annabell Lee". In it, he said "Ever Dissever" and it was really fun to say. What I'm trying to say is that yes, a poem should usually have good rhyme and rhythm structure, but the more unusual it is, the more attractive and intuitive it will seem. Good work!

‘None for anyone’

Is this world’s reality.

Everything’s undone

When you see this reality.

I would have preferred if you didn't use "reality" twice here since it's redundant, but that's not a huge deal.

You’ve nothing to hold,

Nothing do I own,

For in our dying breath and hopes

Even the wind goes.

I like the similarities here from the first stanza. First, the repeated use of the last line "Even the wind goes." Please take in mind that there is a difference between redundancy and repetition. For example, earlier when you used "reality" twice, that was redundancy. There was no actual meaningful use of the word, so it was a bit annoying to the reader. However, here when you use "Even the wind goes" the same as from the first stanza, you give the reader a bit of A-ha! when they recognize the line. In addition, you also titled the poem "Even the wind goes" so that was nice too.

Anyways, I hope you were satisfied with this review!

Cheers and Eggs!
Yoshi

Tanishka says...

Thank you Yoshi!!

Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:42 am
sunlightwarriorxo wrote a review...

Hi!
This a great poem, you've wrote here. I love the imagery and how deep the theme of emotion is - is it based on a real experience? However, personally for me, it's not too clear who the speaker is, or what they've experienced but the emotion and themes are really good. Maybe that could be something to work on through refining and editing? But other than that, it's a great poem, well done and keep writing!

Tanishka says...

Thanks!!

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14