The Theater

by LuminescentAnt

Scarlet curtains

rows of seats

programs scattered

all across carpeted floor

People wait

excitement grows

then warm light fades

eyes are peeled

watching the stage

curtains open

some light footsteps

in the darkness

then the spotlight

the show begins

GengarIsBestBoy wrote a review...

Howdy hey! Gengar here for a quick review!

I like the description used in the poem. It really helped make everything feel more.. alive? Uhh I'm not sure if that makes sense or not, but basically I'm trying to say that I could clearly envision the theater

Although, I had hoped there would be a description of what the show is like. I understand that the cliffhanger ending was most likely intentional, but I think even a little bit about the show itself would improve the poem

Keep up the good work!

--GengarIsBestBoy

Hi Gengar, thanks for the review!

AkuRashomon wrote a review...

Hello there. This is loveissourgrapes and I am here to give you a short review/comment for your short poem here. Like this is the most random but like neatly random poem I have read. But anyways, let's get into it.

First impressions. I can see what you have described in here and that is what I love about your poem. Like whatever you describe, I can imagine it. I miss going to plays or musicals so I am happy I can see watching any of which. How matter how short it is, it's good.

Oh, I can smell the air of a theater. Even if it wasn't described. In each line, you can feel it and imagine the description of it. I don't know what type of poem is this but if the lines rhymed, it would be better. Not saying it's bad but it would be better if the lines rhymed. You could also explain how the show went and how it ended.

Overall, it is good. Keep on writing! I love your poems the most. Have a good morning, afternoon, or evening everyone!

Hi Ina, thank you so much for this review!
Thanks so much! You seem to be reviewing all my poems, I'm glad you like them!

AkuRashomon says...

You are very welcome!

tautik1234 wrote a review...

Hello! Here for a quick review!

The thing I like about this poem is the way it describes the excitement that build up pre-show in a theater. From the curtains to the show, everything in the theater is perfectly described. I feel it would be much more beautiful if it's paired with rhyming. However, it's good even without the rhyming but the rhyming sequences would make it much more poetic. But again it's a good one there. Great job!

Hi, thank you for your review!

AmayaStatham wrote a review...

Hi @LuminescentAnt

I'm here to leave you a review!

The first thing that made me want to read your poem, was your title.
"The Theater" I love it, it's also the perfect fit for your poem since it's about a theater. I personally love theaters, so you got that piece very right.

"Scarlet curtains
rows of seats"

Good start, I would say.
These sentences create very vivid images for readers if they're wanting to imagine. I love it. Scarlet, is also the perfect colour.

"programs scattered
all across carpeted floor"

Good word choice over here!

"People wait
excitement grows"

Oehhh...I'm excited 2.
I can't wait for the curtains to open and see the master piece of an act or something else. "Excitement" really really "grows".

"then warm light fades
eyes are peeled"

Yes, I've got my eyes wide open. Touché, turn off the lights! It's getting better and better.

"watching the stage
curtains open"

Finally, the curtains are opened. I am visualising the stage.
(me jumping on my chair as if it's a tribune I'm sitting on waiting for the performers to enter the stage, with a big shower of excitement.)

"some light footsteps
in the darkness"

(That's right, Come on out on the stage.)
Nice job! You make it so lively, that's great.

"then the spotlight
the show begins"

This is so great with the spotlight and it's so wholesome.
The show begins...Boom!

I love it,
I like it,
I want to read more of it.

You did an amazing job, keep up the great work!
I really appreciated and loved your poem.

- Rinisha

Hi Rinisha, thank you for your review!

AmayaStatham says...

You're welcome!

TheCornDogEnthusiast wrote a review...

This is a brief but evocative poem that captures the anticipation and atmosphere of a live performance. The imagery of the scarlet curtains, rows of seats, and programs scattered on the floor effectively sets the scene and creates a sense of excitement. The use of sensory details, such as the warm light fading and eyes peeling, adds depth to the description and draws the reader in. The final lines create a feeling of anticipation and excitement as the show begins with the sound of light footsteps and the spotlight. Overall, this poem effectively captures the energy and anticipation of a live performance, and the concise structure and use of vivid imagery make it a strong piece of writing.

Hi, thank you for your review!

Hi, thank you for your review!

Hi, thank you for your review!

foxmaster says...

This was good!

hkyousufzai says...

Great article. Don't forget to watch <a href="https://drdriveapk.com/">APK</a> website

hkyousufzai says...

Great article. Don't forget to watch https://drdriveapk.com/

sweet mother of asparagus
— GengarIsBestBoy