z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

A Hurt Grandaughter's Reality

by JustALittleBarry


You said that you loved meĀ 

just the other day

And I would have never expected what was next to come

You truly did a great job of blinding me from reality
I wish I could go back in time


But there is truly nothing I could do


I knock at your door and you would see me
But you would never answer


I don't know why I knock anymore
You never seem to care, and I doubt you ever will


Why do I care so much
I will never know


Maybe it's because I've known you for so long
All my life in fact

Though you seem so willing to eliminate me from your life

Forever

How come I can't do the same
You are so bad to me but I can't accept it


It seems like a nightmare that I'm just waiting to wake up from


So call me soon
And let me know that we shall never meet again
So I can finally understand


What my reality is


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 3566
Reviews: 223

Donate
Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Mathy wrote a review...



This is ZeldaIsShiek here back for some more reviews on poetry! Before I begin, however, I'd like to mention that the title of this poem was a bit confusing. Confirming the protagonist/narrator as a granddaughter make the poem feel like it is addressed to a grandparent. However, there is no mention of a grandparent at all in the poem. Poems are supposed to be confusing, though. Let's begin!

First off, I'd like to say that I really liked this poem. I thought it fit very well into context with the title and description of the poem. I really think you did an amazing job here.

That's pretty much it for today! Sorry this one was so short. ZeldaIsShiek, out!






Hello! Thank you for your review! I do understand why one might say that the title is a bit confusing. I did ponder the idea of adding that this was addressed towards my grandfather though I wanted to make it up for the reader to interpret for themselves, just making the title and description my own. I'm glad you enjoyed the poem, have a wonderful day! :)


Random avatar
Mathy says...


Thanks, you too!



User avatar
25 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 25

Donate
Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:15 pm
IrisNight wrote a review...



Hi! my name is MagicAce and I am new to this site and this is one of my first reviews so I hope you can find it helpful.

So I will start of with the negative stuff first.
To me I was thinking that instead of after "you said you loved me
just the other day"
it could be like "you said you loved me
days ago"

or "you said you loved me
but look ware we are now"

"you said you loved me
but your a tragedy,
waiting to happen
for I would have never seen
what was to happen next"


and thoughs are just ideas but maybe something different then "just the other day" to me that just doesn't sound right, but that is just a suggestion :)

the good things, um, I liked your work it was pretty good and I can understand if you want to keep it the sane, that is not such a bad thing if you leave it "just the other day" again thoughs other ones were ideas.

I think you did great and I cant wait to here more of your work :)

MagicAce out!






Thank you for the suggestion, I do see where you are coming from. However, I believe that I'm going to keep it with "just the other day" for a personal reasons. I once wrote a paper regarding the situation I was in with my grandfather, and I titled it, "Just the Other Day". For this reason alone I believe that I will keep my current poem, however if I hadn't named my paper that than I do believe I would take your suggestion. Also, great first review! I can tell you really put effort into it!
Best Wishes,
Your Friend, Kat Kimberly



IrisNight says...


okay ya I totally understand! have a nice day ;)




You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
— Joyce Meyer