z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

God is Calling

by Inspiredravens


God is calling.

He says, "We need to talk."

His words worry me.

How is my walk?

-

There is light in my future...

Perhaps a bit dimmer than before

I had slipped away from what I was supposed to do

Now He is knocking on my door

-

There is so much unknown

So many twists to this plot

Will I end up where He wants me?

Where then, are my wants?

-

They should lie in Heaven

Behind the gates where He stands

The door on which I knock

Unknown paths to farther lands.

-

I hesitate only briefly,

To stand, pause, take stock.

But this fear of time is crippling,

Indeed, we need to talk.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
36 Reviews


Points: 570
Reviews: 36

Donate
Wed May 13, 2015 4:35 am
Laelle wrote a review...



I love it! I totally understood what you were feeling in this poem. I'm also christian, and this describes me so well. You really outdid yourself! I would love to read more of these poems. So I know I'm just going on now. Thanks so much for the read! I really appreciate it and everything!!!!! May you find a four-leaf clover!

-Laelle






Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Happy Writing!



Laelle says...


Your very much welcome!



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 487
Reviews: 5

Donate
Tue May 12, 2015 11:01 pm
mountainclimber wrote a review...



I love this!!! This is so true for me, I have been wrestling with some things lately so this has been really helpful. I also really liked how you ended,
"But this fear of time is crippling, Indeed we need to talk." This is a really powerful ending, I can really see the Holy Spirit working through you with this poem. :D
The fourth stanza was a little bit confusing, maybe you could make it a little clearer?
Overall, this is a great poem, I really have no other critiques.
Keep writing!
mountainclimber






Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it and that it spoke to you!

Happy Writing!



User avatar
127 Reviews


Points: 221
Reviews: 127

Donate
Tue May 12, 2015 4:45 pm
Konijn wrote a review...



Hello!

I really love this poem! I, being a believer myself, can relate to this. God works through all of us, and perhaps this is the gift He has bestowed you: Writing. I feel I've been straying from the path quite a bit lately, and this has really spoke to me. Thank you so much. Maybe thats why I'm on here today... Yet another amazing thing God will do. :)

As far as critiquing goes, this is just a little hard to critique because I almost feel its already perfect. Though nothing, no matter how brilliant, can be perfect. I did find that in the 4th stanza (first line) you had forgotten to capitalize Heaven. I don't know if you technically have to capitalize it, but I always have, because its a place and places are typically capitalized.

Anyways, beautiful work! God bless you, and please tell me if you ever write another poem like this! I look forward to reading more of your works.






Thank you so much for your kind words :D Truly the Holy Spirit wrote this through me, I was in the middle of my homework and he just said "go write something, take a break" and then wrote this through me. I'm glad you were touched by this and I was praying as I posted it that it would impact at least one person <3 I have several other spiritual poems somewhat like these that God has written through me as well somewhere in my pile of works if you want to read more. Thanks again and...

Happy Writing!



Konijn says...


I would love to read more of these, so hopefully one day this week I'll find the time to just sit down and read through them. Have an excellent day! :)



User avatar
415 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 415

Donate
Tue May 12, 2015 2:23 pm
Eros says...



Oh wow!!!!! Inspiredravens!!!!Hats off to your work.Its nice and spiritual.Its all about a convo i mean conversation between you and the superpower God.it is the idea and imagination that God is calling you,I loved that idea.you should get applausions from me.i really appreciate your work






Thank you very much!



User avatar


Points: 297
Reviews: 2

Donate
Tue May 12, 2015 4:13 am
View Likes
sak965 wrote a review...



hello! here's my review.

first of all i want to tell you i enjoyed reading it.. i like the spiritual element because i am myself a believer of God. the first stanza is great, because i felt that it describes inner conflict and self doubt. and in the next stanza God knocks on your door and you realize you need to get back to what you were supposed to do.. it is inspiring.. the third stanza is realistic,. but the fourth stanza first line is a bit confusing for me as i couldn't guess what "they" is referred to? in the last stanza you overcome the worries and doubts.. the ending is beautiful.. waiting for more from you.. i liked it. great job. hope this helps.. thanks..
(forgive the grammar as English is not my first language)






I understand what you are saying about the fourth one, it tripped me up a little and I had to think about it harder than the others. It's a learning new experience, I guess... Thank you so much for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Happy Writing!



User avatar
49 Reviews


Points: 595
Reviews: 49

Donate
Tue May 12, 2015 2:44 am
View Likes
matthewmazer wrote a review...



I want to start off by saying that I love your poem. I suck at poetry and reading something this great really brings out a lot of respect from me. The rhyme scheme is amazing, the rhythm is amazing, and even the tone you've put into it. I don't want to talk a lot about myself but I have (somewhat) recently been drawn into my faith and for years I was rather distant from God and this poem really spoke to me personally as someone who is coming back into their faith. Again, congratulations on this outstanding piece of work.






Thank you so much for your kind words. This was written by the Holy Spirit through me- He has been calling me to write for Him and has given me the ability to create stuff like this. I want to encourage you in your faith and to always be on fire for Him- never dim or wandering since that is where I tend to go (it's a horrible thing I fight everyday) but the same spirit in you is that same one in Billy Graham and in Peter and Paul and in Moses. It's all God and I encourage you in your walk :) in glad you liked this poem :D

Happy writing!




“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables