Young Justice: Beast Boy's Christmas Part One.

by Halfbloodcheetah

Beast Boy was in the Watchtower helping Zatanna and Dr. Fate decorate. He was happy; Christmas was his favorite time of the year. He was going to spend it with M’gann on the watchtower. It was going to be a great Christmas.

But still Beast Boy couldn't help but feel sad. Nightwing, Robin, and Batgirl were going to spend Christmas with Batman; Cassie was going to spend Christmas with her mom, Bart and Artemis were going to have Christmas with the Allen and the West families. Beast Boy sat down on a box of decorations and sulked. Aqualad was going to Atlantis, Zatanna and Dr. Fate were even going to spend Christmas together. But Beast Boy; his mom was taken from him before he joined the team. He had no immediate family to celebrate Christmas with, and was starting to feel crummy.

“Beast Boy?” a voice came from behind him. Beast Boy turned around to see Superman behind him.

“Hey” he said with a small smile on his face. Superman sat next to him “You look a little down. Do you want to talk about it?”

Beast Boy looked up at the Man of Steel. “I love Christmas, everything about it is awesome. But knowing people are going to spend time with their families this year is a little tough when yours isn’t around anymore. Jamie and Virgil are going to spend Christmas at their homes with their families, and …”

Superman put a hand on his shoulder “Beast Boy, I heard about what happened to your mom before you joined the team. Believe it or not my parents that live on that farm in Smallville aren’t my real parents.”

“They’re not?” Beast Boy’s eye widened.

Superman stared out the window of the Watchtower into space “No. My parents died when my home world Krypton exploded.”

“Whoa” Beast boy said.

Superman continued “But you know what, I found a new family. The Kent’s, and then I found The League. M’gann told me about how she took you in when no one else would. It seems to me that you have a great family right here. And we’re gonna be having our own little Christmas party, here. I’m sure everyone would love it if you joined us.” Superman smiled at the changeling.

Beast Boy gave Superman a hug and smiled. “Thanks Superman I feel better now.” He ran off to his room in the Watchtower.

Superman smiled and walked in the other direction.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:41 pm
AutumnDawn wrote a review...

lol I totally imagined beast boy running around screaming and laughing. and changing into animals. and his excuse would be its christmas.
but you know this good too..
I love how you have superman walk to beast boy and tell him about his family in smallville. I feel that could change the way beast boy views the world.

L945 says...

You portrade BB great! Superman is great.It is a really great read!Check out my fanfic of YJ please too! It's called Young Justice:Darkseid

L945 says...

Cool and nice!

ThePhoenix wrote a review...

Hello there!
I'm not a big fan of Justice League or whatever, but I know Superman...
That's about it. I'm not sure who Beast Boy is, but he kinda reminds me of a book series called "Boy vs Beast". But I've never read it so... yeah. I can't vouch for the behaviour of these two characters.

Stuff

Woah, your spaces are huge. Might want to fix them up a bit.

“Hey” he said

There should be a comma after the word "Hey".

Also, this shouldn't actually be under the genre "Short Story" since it's a chapter.
Actually, I don't even feel like this is supposed to be a chapter. I think the way you ended it is perfectly fine. Albeit, a little cliche but it's not a bad ending.

Plot
I'm not sure what exactly this is going to be about since no conflicts have been seen yet, nor do we see any action. I'm not going to make any guesses since I haven't really been exposed to much of the plot and stuff... So, not much I can say about this.

Characters
I'm not sure about Beast Boy, but I do know a bit about Superman (used to be a huge fan) and what he says in this work kinda does sound like something he'd say. At least in the cartoons (they did make a cartoon, right?). I say cartoons because that's how I imagined this when I read it. I can't imagine a real life Superman saying it.

I know I wasn't any help, but there's not much I can say about a fandom that I'm not in. I know I probably shouldn't have reviewed it anyway, but... uh, yeah...

Bye!

Europa wrote a review...

Hey! TheFantasy14 here!
I love young justice, and I thought this fanfiction was very well done. Beast Boy's personality and character I was glad to see you kept the same, but I feel that maybe Superman was a bit...Tweaked. From what I've seen of the show, Superman isn't the kind of guy to give peptalks to the young justice kids. Red Tornado or Batman, maybe, but to me the whole peptalk thing doesn't seem like Superman's style. (Then again, I've only seen the first season one, so maybe I missed a big slab of character development with the Man of Steel.) Other than that, I have nothing else to say about this other than great job. Beast boy was my favorite Teen Titans character (Under Raven) and I'm just so happy he's in young justice.
Loves!
-Fanty

GrapeNerd wrote a review...

Give me all the DC feels, why don't you? Lord, I'm always such a sucker for DC fanfiction, and this did not disappoint. :D

Some thoughts on your piece: the concept and the overall story is great, but maybe you should change the formatting a bit as it becomes too difficult to read. The big spaces don't really seem necessary, and might distract the reader from the story. I know I did, but it could just be me.

Some favorite parts: I'm so lame for saying this, but that bit about the other team members going off to spend their Christmas with their families just killed me, especially the Batfam part (gotta love the Batfam). Also that part where Beast Boy hugs Superman, i cri evrytiem.

Conclusion: This is a wonderful, short piece, it isn't too long. I found no errors in your grammar or punctuation. The story flowed pretty smoothly. In short, your one shot is A+. I love it.

(trying not to drown in all the dc feels)

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14