Seasons Greetings!

by Firepower13

Dear Summer,

Must you always give me the cold shoulder?

I already know that everyone prefers you,

and that makes my frozen heart even colder.

Dear Spring,

I like you, Spring. You're my beginning and end,

but we've never spoken.

Why can't we be friends?

Dear Fall,

I love you, doll.

I really, truly do, and to show you I mean it,

here, have a snowball.

Sincerely,

Winter

Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:44 am
Ciblio says...

It's perfect. <3

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:44 pm
Snazzy wrote a review...

Hello! :D
This is hilarious! :) I love it! I only have one little nitpick. :D

I noticed how this is all one group. Maybe you could separate each of the three "letters" by an extra line in between. Just a suggestion though. :D

That is really all I found! :D I love this!!! The title is hilarious too! :) Great job, and keep writing!! :D
~Snazzy :)

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:26 am
kitty4111 wrote a review...

Hey,
I thought this was really good, it was super cute and I liked that about it! I love the summer part the best, it is really well written and I think it flows really nicely. But I do feel that the last stanza doesn't flow as well, maybe its because of the rhyme, but, I feel that you maybe should rhyme with "do" instead of "doll." I understand that you have a rhyme scheme, but that one part just sounded a little funny to me (it just didn't flow as nicely as the other stanzas). Maybe you could do something like:

"Dear Fall,

I love you, doll.

I really, truly do,

And to show you I mean it, blah blah blah blah...(something that rhymes with do)"

Now, you don't have to take my advice, you should do what you think is best (since you are the author); this just what I think. :) But other than that, I thought it was fantastic, and I loved the whole thing!

keep writing poems like this, I will definitely read them!

-kitty4111 :D

Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:27 pm
Irrlichtchen wrote a review...

This is an original idea, thats sure. It is quite cute actually.

The first stanza (summer) is really good, and I like how you personificates (is that a word?) them, and imagine what type of realtionship they might have.

I love how you play with the words here. Summer giving winter the cold shoulder and everything.
The line "and that makes my frozen heart even colder." is my favourite one. It creates a beautiful image and I can see the winter before my inner eye ;)

I don't realy know why, but the second stanza (spring) doens't really touch me. The nice flow you had in the first stanza I miss here. Especially the line "I like you, Spring. You're my beginning and end," doesn't fit in. The repetition of the word "Spring" sounds weird in my ears, especially if you don't do this the other times as well. And I don't understand how the spring is the beginning of winter? What did you mean with that?

The last stanza (fall) is really cute again. And I can read through it fluently. It is a nice ending and the gesture with the snowball creates the image of a child :)

All in all a nice poem! Well done :)
Keep it up

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"