z

Young Writers Society



On Watching Donnie Darko

by Elizabeth


Hmm... I sort of could understand this.
You're losing your touch old yeller. :P

I liked it though, because I could understand it, and remarkably I have the same feelings as you. I suppose this means I am NOT human after all *Wipes tear from eye.*

Nice job, and be kinder in the asking me to read it. I'm only doing this now because.... *forget reason and walks away*


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
688 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 688

Donate
Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:38 pm
xanthan gum wrote a review...



Wow. I liked this one. The ending certainly was the worthiest part of the poem - somehow you have a way of making the most remincient and boring situations interesting.

in fact, i started reading this poem and i thought "oh my god, i have to give this poet an amazing review." then i looked at the name and sighed. really, you take all the fun from life! (which is such a lie - your poems highlight these forums.)

i don't like the "so" in the second line, though. or maybe i'm just being way too picky because i have nothing else to say.




User avatar
657 Reviews


Points: 6523
Reviews: 657

Donate
Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:24 am
Jennafina wrote a review...



My favorite stanza is the fourth one too. I like how you discribe the snowflakes falling, and the barrier.

Want to know something sad? Snip Snip isn't making any of that up, about watching that movie yesterday. I was there, or at least was for about half of the first time. Seriously.




User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3891
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:58 pm
Snoink says...



The first three stanzas are okay, but the fourth stanza makes the poem.




User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 56

Donate
Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:51 pm
Snip Snip wrote a review...



I. Am. Madly. In. Love. With. Frank. The SIX FOOT TALL BUNNY! Okay. I totally watched that movie like 3 times over and over last night, hahaha. But on your poem...

I like the present and past tense switch too! I think you use really bitchin' imagery. I especially think the last verse rocks. But, haphazardly sounds... a little out of place, and I think about those HAZARD! WET FLOOR! signs and space out for the rest of the poem. Might want to change that :D




User avatar
594 Reviews


Points: 6831
Reviews: 594

Donate
Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:03 pm
Crysi wrote a review...



Wow. I like this. The first thing I noticed was your switch between present tense and past tense, and I really like the effect it creates. Obviously past tense creates a feeling of memories, but even more so here. It's almost like a memory of a memory, which is really cool.

Not much more I can say about this, m'dear, sorry. I just really like the imagery you use and the feeling you create with this piece. Maybe it's just the storm outside that makes every word in this poem seem to reflect the "winter" you're writing about, or maybe it's just the way you use your words. I think it's both.

Anyway, this is a good poem. Nothing new, nothing that really stands out, but a good solid poem that can be absorbed slowly. I like it.




User avatar
665 Reviews


Points: 6165
Reviews: 665

Donate
Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm
Chevy says...



Makes me even colder.





All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe