Home » Literary works » Novel / Chapter » General

Hunter chapters 11 and 12

by EM8650

Chapter 11 – Three years ago

(This chapter is written from Graces perspective)

Violet was beside me in a flash inspecting my wounds. “Grace I need you to tell me who that was.” Violets words were strong but I could tell she was worried. I lifted my head slightly to meet her gaze. “Drake…Sinclair.” Was all I was able to say before I passed out.

I woke the next morning; my entire bod y screaming in pain as the events from last night passes over my mind. Looking around the room, I instantly knew I wasn’t in my dorm but I was in fact in Violets apartment. That was when I noticed the person asleep in the chair beside me. “Violet?” I said softly. Her eyes flickered open at the sound of her name. “Grace!” She stood throwing her arms around me. “I’m so glad you’re okay.” Her smile was light but I could still see the worried that masked her face. “Grace I’m really sorry but…” She paused taking a breath. “Who is Drake Sinclair?”

My Heart rate began to rise at the sound of his name. Taking a deep and full breath, I recalled the memories of that night 3 years ago. “Drake Sinclair had been my boyfriends all throughout senior year; he had the same colour eyes as you Violet. One night we were at a friend’s party her parents were out of town and we had been drinking. It was getting late and I was waisted so he offered to drive me home.” I didn’t understand why but I could feel tears forming in my eyes. “Anyway my parents were both working late so no one was home; I tried to say night to him at the door but…” I could feel the tears threatening to break free. “He got aggressive. He ended up pushing the door open and that was when I saw that his eyes were no longer the shade of gold that the always were but were actually red. He picked me up and shoved me against the wall.” I felt something cold run down my cheek.

“Grace. You don’t have to.” Violets tone was full of sympathy and worried. “No, no I need to.” I sucked in a sharp breath wiping away the tears before continuing. “I could feel his hand running along my thigh as he mumbled some words into my ear before throwing me onto the couch. We I finally lifted my head to see him, i could see his fangs.” The memories were so strong so overpowering it felt like I was there. “I felt is fangs run down my neck, my thighs but then they stop at my ankle before I knew what was happening pain shot threw my leg as he bit into me. I couldn’t move and I couldn’t scream no matter how much I willed myself too. After about 2 minutes, the pain was so unbearable that I passed out. When I woke up he was gone.” I don’t know why but I was glade i was telling Violet about Drake. I had never told anyone before, not even my parents knew.

“When I saw him at school the next day he acted like nothing happened. His eyes were back to their normal shade of gold and there was no sign of fangs. I guess I just tried so hard to forget that I almost did. Until he showed up here last night.”

Chapter 12 – The new flat mate

I couldn’t help but feel sorry for Grace, she had no idea what had happened to her, had no one to talk to. “Grace.” I said shyly. “How would you feel about moving into the apartment with me?” I didn’t know how she would respond but I felt bad about her having to go back to her dorm room alone with no one to watch out for he. At least if she were here she would have me, Nick and Ethan to protect her if something of the sort were to happen again.

Her li up at my question. “Really Violet?” she asked and I nodded my head in reply. “Yes. I would love to.” It was Grace’s turn to throw her arms around me as she let out a muffled squeal of excitement. “Why don’t you take one of the boy’s and start packing while I start clearing out the guest room?” She nodded her head and hurried from the room. It had been decided that Ethan would be the one to help Grace with her packing while Nick helped me clear the guest room.

After an hour of packing away my miniature library Nick suggested we take a break and when he entered the room with a large cup of coffee I couldn’t resist. I was still mad at Nick for lying to me but I had to admit it was nice to be talking to him again.

Grace and Ethan arrived back at the house over 2 hours later with 2 huge suitcases and multiple boxes. “I would be careful with that Violet it heavy.” Ethan said when I went to grab one of the Suitcases. Ignoring him, I picked it up anyway, soon regretting my decision when I dropped it on my feet. “Grace. What’s in here?” I asked slightly in pain. “I think that one’s got my shoes in it.” She replied with a smile. “She is defiantly not a hunter girl.” Nick interrupted. “Well how would you know?” Grace said with only a slight smile. “Because. ”Ethan answered. “Hunters only need 2 pairs f shoes Grace.” It was nice to see Ethan and Nick talking to Grace, making an attempted to get to know her.

Once all Graces boxes were brought inside the guys decided to go buy dinner which normally meant they would be back in an hour with pizza and a 6 pack of bear. So I was left to help her unpack her mountain of shoes. “Thank for this Violet. Letting me move in and all.” I looked at her “it’s no problem Grace, besides I was getting bored of constantly being surrounded by alpha males all the time.” We both laughed. “Yeah. It’s got to be so tuff having to really cute brothers living in the apartment above yours.” She said with a wink. “Speaking of, how the whole feelings thing going? Have you figured it out yet?” the look on Graces face said she already knew the answer but wanted to hear it from me.

I looked down to the floor, I could feel the heat spreading across my face and I knew I was blushing. Grace squealed. “Who?” She looked at me eager to know my secret. “Nick.” I whispered so softly I had hope she didn’t hear. “I knew it! You guys will make a perfect couple when you finally tell him.” I looked at her in astonishment. “Tell him. You want me to tell him. No, no way.” Graces smile. “Violet that is how the whole relationship thing works, when you like someone you tell them.” I could tell she was being serous but before I could say anything more on the subject the door swung open.

The smell of pizza wafted down the hallway. “Hart, roomie, dinner.” I looked over to Grace. “Did Nick just call me roomie?” Graced as in amazement. “Yes he did.” I said with a smile. As we walked out to the lounge room to meet them. Over dinner we shared stories with Grace about different supernatural creatures we all had hunted and he told us about her life, after which I retreated to the kitchen with the pile of plates. “Need any help Hart?” I turned to see Nick standing in the doorway. “Nah I’m almost finished anyway.” Nick was about to leave the room when I stopped him. “Nick, Did my parents, my Biological parents I mean.” I took a breath. “Did they have another child, Drake Sinclair?” I asked. I knew that my Farther had come from the Sinclair hunter family and I needed to know if there was any connection the vampire that attacked Grace.

Nick looked at me stunned. “As far as I am aware no but I could be wrong. Why?” why I didn’t know how to answer that question without revelling Graces secret. “Grace said that was the name of the vampire that attacked her last night.” Was all I could think to say without revealing too much. Nick looked at me it was clear he knew I wasn’t telling him the full truth but he didn’t seem to mind for the moment. “I’ll look into it.”

“Thank you Nick.” I walked over to him and hug him, something I rarely ever did. “Anytime Violet.” I could feel his figure running through my hair. Lifting my head to meet his gaze, I could see right through him. Raising myself onto my tiptoes, I kissed his cheek. Before I could pull away, he grabbed my elbows and moved his head down to mine. His lips were soft against my own, his kiss was slow and addictive when he finally pulled away all I wanted was to kiss him again.

After a few more drinks and another couple slices od pizza, I retreated to my room in an attempt at studding for midterms. Instead, I found my mind wondering to the possibility that I had a brother or a cousin that had been turned. A brother or a cousin that I had just killed. It was now becoming clear that I wasn’t going to get any study done so I changed into an oversized t-shirt and shorts before crawling back into my bed.

I had been laying in the darkness slowly falling into a state of half asleep when I herd a knock at the door. “Hart.” I could only just hear Nick’s soft tone through the hard wood of the bedroom door. “You up?” Taking in a deep breath, I answered him. “Yeah I am. You can come in you know.” I instantly regretted my reply as Nick slowly opened the door letting a small line of yellow light fade in before he closed it again. “Mind if I sit?” Nick’s tone was again soft and calm as he spoke. Nodding my head once, I used my arms to push myself up into a sitting position quickly moving my feet out of Nicks way.

Even as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, I could still sense Nicks presents on the bed next to me. I could feel Nicks hand on my cheek his thumb running over my cheekbone. “Violet.” Nick continued. “I reached out to some of my contacts and I found something. Drake Sinclair was you biological cousin according to my sources he was turned a few days before his 18 birthday by your mother.” At this, I couldn’t help but cry. “He was my cousin.” I managed to say through strained sobs of sadness. “And I killed him.” The tears were flowing now with no sign of stopping anytime soon.

I could feel Nicks hands moving to the back of my neck and my waist. “It’s okay.” He said as me pulled me close to his chest. “You didn’t know.” Nick continued to cradle me in his arms until I was asleep. But just as he was about to leave I became suddenly aware of the situation. “Good night Nick.” I called softly. “Good night Violet.” He replied just as softly. 

Hi! I'm back for another chapter!

First Impression: This was a couple of really interesting chapters that you've got right here. I really like how much attention we give to Grace's backstory. The way that she has trouble when saying it is really pretty true to real life and you can tell that she really did go through that really horrifying experience. Again I did feel like she forgave Nick much too fast without really having a talk with him so I hope she does at least mention that later instead of just going ahead with it.

Well if that name doesn't scream vampire I don't know what does. And also it is really nice to see how Violet is instantly tending to Grace's wounds. That does a pretty good job portraying the sort of friendship that they two of them have.

Well someone really wants to know that information. I would have expected Violet to at least give her a bit more time to feel recovered before asking that question but I suppose Violet really is desperate to know more about what Grace experienced.

Oh dear...very painful memories detected. Definitely very brave of her to try and get that off here chest. That cannot be nice at all.

Wow that was a really horrifying recollection that you describe here. You're definitely doing a wonderful job showcasing just how much pain and trauma must be behind a memory like that and the fact that she has never told anyone but tried to forget is also really true to how it would usually play out in real life.

Well that was a very nice gesture by Violet.

Umm...not sure what that as supposed to mean there. Maybe you were trying to say eyes lit.

Those should be of and attempt and I really love that really awkward joke that you came up with.

Oooh looks like we are getting back to the drama now. It does make sense for them to put their differences aside for the whole excitement following what just happened but I hope they do have a proper talk about things later to really sort all these issues out.

Okayy...that does not sound too promising...it looks like the problems might just be brushed aside...at least Grace if feeling upto teasing which means she's doing well.

Well that was a smart move on Violet's part to keep that secret.

Yup...they totally just got back to normal there without sorting things out...that doesn't feel totally realistic there.

But...umm...cousin aside he was actually still trying to kill someone. I mean she didn't even know he existed so I don't where exactly all this sadness is coming from. I mean he's just a stranger to her and a stranger that attempted to kill her best friend so this seems like a very unlikely reaction.

Overall: Overall it was a pretty awesome chapter with the way that you managed to capture Grace's emotion. I also like that surprise reveal with the cousin thing although I had one issue with it that I mentioned above. But overall it looks like its headed for some interesting territory. Looking forward for more!

EM8650 says...

Thank you for the review!

You can not put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator.
— alliyah