z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Impatiently Loving

by DarkPrizm


Sow the seed and let it simmer,

Growing senses, set the tinder

Boil the water, turn up the heat

To grow these feelings is quite the feat

Dampened thoughts and heightened feelings,

Hint at love, these infatuated dealings

Taller and taller, they're six feet high!

These feelings, these feelings! they're dealt with a tie

Take her to dinner, add spice to the water

In this much heat what could be hotter?

Your lost! Your lost! These seeds have grown

This garden? This garden? It's no longer your own

Flooded with feelings, no escape or out

Wait now, it;s not flooded with feelings, it's flooded with doubt

Mistakes were made, she's not the one

It's crashed and burned, was it honestly fun?

Reverted to seeds with water still settling

yes, this is learned, no more impatiently loving.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
216 Reviews


Points: 93
Reviews: 216

Donate
Tue May 10, 2016 3:20 pm
DivergentDemigod wrote a review...



hi there!

hmm so first there isnt much to crticize about our work as it is just perfect the way it is....but that dosent mean i cant even appreciate it and tell you about what i liked right?...

first thing first *claps wolf whistels* damn person... this was one piece of awesome work, i would say! i specially liked the fact that it was rhyming...

i seriously loved the flow of your work!
the title was also very catch...so yeah good job there! the theme was also supernice...so yeah that was a pro again for your work!

i like the way you start your poem

Sow the seed and let it simmer,

Growing senses, set the tinder
----marvelous! remarkable idea person!

then again i like the way you end your work...duh what to say! basically all this leads to only one result and that is that...I LOVED YOUR WORK!

so yeah...great job again...hoping to see more of your works in the mere future!
~phangirl




User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 942
Reviews: 7

Donate
Mon May 09, 2016 10:39 pm
heyitsisabel wrote a review...



I really like how you used a garden growing as a metaphor to love, it really had a good balance between the metaphors and what's actually happening to the character telling the story. The way you worded the poem added impact and some suspense as it went on and made me want to read the whole thing. The usage of a "hook" in the beginning was well used because you know what the poem is about by reading the title, but when you read the first line "Sow the seed and let it simmer" it makes you want to read more and know about the connection between love and this seed. I do not think I would make any changes to this poem, it was well worded and the metaphors made sense and were greatly used. I like how the sentences were switching back and forth every other sentence from love and the garden because it put a good balance between the two. Overall this was a very good poem so good job! :)





It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314