Yet Another YWS Birthday Poem

by niteowl

Ten years of words lie here.

Ten years of poems extracting our emotions,
stories budding from a seed of inspiration,
novelists setting out on epic quests
(many of which remain unfinished).

Ten years of rave reviews
and cutting critiques
from members who never cease
to make each other shine.

Ten years of storybooks,
those elaborate collaborations
building impossible worlds.

Ten years of friendships
formed in chat or clubs or Randomosity,
borders shattered by our common bond--
this love of the pen.

In ten years, we have left
millions of words in thousands of posts.
May we never stop.

Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:33 am
Lib says...

May we never ever stop.

niteowl says...

LOL I just saw this comment when I went to go dust this off for the fifteenth birthday. Thanks! :D

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:53 am
theironnovelist wrote a review...

aww, nice. I'm sure one who's been here on YWS for years finds this much closer to their heart than someone like me.
All the same, you bring a different light into the way I look at the concept now. So many people's passions and emotions and heartaches and happiness and greatest works and achievements are on here.
Great content, obviously.

One thing I'd change is in the last stanza: "thousands of posts".
After all the heartfelt stuff just mentioned about our hearts and feelings being spilt here?
And then...'posts'.
The word just didn't work with me.

But that one word, out of that whole thing. Pretty good I'd say.
Thanks for bringing this special poem to YWS!

niteowl says...

Thanks for the review! I see what you mean, but at the same time, I was trying to encompass everything from every category of the site, and "posts" seemed like the best word (especially since that's something we can actually count).

BTW, I deleted your double-posted review. It doesn't affect your/the team's points since the second one posted as a comment. Just keeping things tidy!

yeah my computer was doing that last night XD thanks

Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:41 pm
musicandme wrote a review...

First off, let me say: wow. Your poem held so much meaning in just a bit of space on paper! Your wording was fantastic and you stanzas were so intricate. I am new here to YMS also, but I already feel the love. The love here that everyone shares to write and express themselves. I've already become a stronger writer today from everyone's helpful reviews, comments, and critiques. I also hope YMS continues for many years. Your story told is how it is, great. I think everyone with a YWS account should read this poem.

I've read some of your other works too and they are all the more amazing as well. Your writing skills encourage and amaze me. I hope YMS still persists to suit you and your talent and passion as well as other people.

Great work!!!

Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:06 am
gv7233 wrote a review...

Happy birthday YWS! I am new here, since I only started registering to YWS this week, but I would love to say that since the first day that I registered on this website, I already knew I will love this web because I love to write and I love the fact that I get to submit and post my poems and stories and my other works on this web. Also,e people who write comments on my work are just great. The reason why I registered on this website is because I have a dream of becoming a newspaper journalist. Since there isn't any writing activity in college that I'm going to right now, I decided to search through internet and see if I can find any website that will help me practice my writing and thank god I found this web. It is really helpful because I get feedbacks from other people. In addition, I also love the fact that I get to enjoy reading other's work and at the same time writing comments on their work. It's just amazing. I really love YWS. Thanks to whoever created the YWS website. I appreciated it and again, HAPPY 10th year YWS!

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway