z

Young Writers Society


18+ Language Violence Mature Content

-

by MasterGrieves


Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for language, violence, and mature content.

-


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
87 Reviews


Points: 5984
Reviews: 87

Donate
Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:14 am
Alchemist wrote a review...



Heyah! Hello! I'm here for both "Adopt a novel" and a Review day review! :)

So, the pattern of him thinking about Stephen is becoming a bit too much I think, but nevermind, I think it ends soon anyway, and so far that pattern was rather interesting. Poor Elijah though, can't really remember who he was but, Robert is such an judgemental kid.

Eh, you asked me about Dr. Greenway before, but I was only 7 chapters in back then, so I only now have a veiw on his personality. Rob basically sees him as a fraud, some tird-rate psychologist, right? Well, I was able to conclude from this chapter alone that he was wrong. First, their debate was quite interesing actually, with good points on both sides (and Robert's swearing was actually quite useful, if you ask me). It's just that he didn't really understand his Doctor that well.

Somehow, Robert was sure he was completely kickin' that argumentation, though I couldn't really agree on that. Just Dr. ignoring his teenageish actions was good.

What I wish to know now did you just work with this out of your head completely, or is it based off something? I mean, this session seemed good and in-depth to me, even in these few lines you have presented.

I believe every docs sentence was really good. What else, he really prepared Robert for the next one, where he would completely break him. Robert did in fact spend some time reconsidering his feelings? Well, at least discovering if he was gay.

Yosh, that's it, I'm going on the next chapter!

-Alchemist




User avatar
530 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 530

Donate
Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:31 am
View Likes
Renard wrote a review...



heggo.

So I owe you quite a few reviews. XD *gulps* I thought I had better get started.
There are loads of good points about this chapter:

1. character development of Robert
2. better understanding of the situation between him and Stephen
3. good characterisation of Dr Greenway
4. examination of the major themes of the novel.

etc, etc.

"Mr. Tarquin, without emotions, we would not be able to understand anything. We would never be able to set sail." Oh god. Piece of paper in hand. He's making a boat. What a waste of paper. I may as well wipe my arse with his piece of fake motivation. He gives it to me.


This is my favourite part, because it shows the contrasts in the idylls of the two characters and also, I can really relate to the predicament.

Out of all so far, this chapte ris one that needs the least editing. :)




User avatar
111 Reviews


Points: 12486
Reviews: 111

Donate
Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:13 am
rawrafied wrote a review...



Hola! Rawrafied here, representing team Royal Navy, to enjoy your lovely piece of work. :3 Warning, I have not read anything prior to this segment, so ignore any points I make that have been addressed in previous chapters.

First off, can I just saw I love the book title and the chapter titles/set-up? Cause I do.

I cannot believe I am taking time out of a History lesson- one which is crucial for my upcoming mock exam- to be talked down to by a scruffy twat.
If you're using hyphens to show interruption, you either put a single space before and after a single hyphen or you do a double hyphen with no space.

He is the only fun I can fi- oh.
Same rule here as above. Though, I think a double hyphen would work best in this particular instance.

He is not wearing a blazer (like me) but only a waistcoat to hide his beer belly.
'But' is being used as an exception, so apply the rule: comma 'but'.

...but it really wouldn't surprise me if Dr. Greenway was.
You've established you story to be in present tense. Change 'was' to 'is' for tense agreement.

"Just trying to spark up some lively conversation," Another contrived smile on his chubby face. I will give him lively conversation alright.
Change the comma to a period, since this is not a speech tag. Also, single quotes around 'lively conversation' since he's repeating him.

This worm has a way with words. I almost have to give way to his demands. He has experience in the field of forcing others to talk about their problems. Typical shrink.
I actually don't quite see this from what you've demonstrated of this counselor. If anything, I'd think of this guy as a joke. I wish you could show more of why our protagonist thinks this guy is being successful in tactics, for this is an opinion which is something people differ on.

Otherwise, this was a great piece. You do a great job of getting the character's voice in the monologue. I think I'm gonna have to read this from the beginning. However, it's review day, and I'm gonna have to continue along for the time being. ^_^ Hope this was helpful and fahrvergnugen!




User avatar
933 Reviews


Points: 4261
Reviews: 933

Donate
Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:47 am
View Likes
Iggy wrote a review...



Hello again, Adam. :)

No nitpicks for this one. Yay! Let's move on~

Robert is becoming more and more of a riot xD it does suck with how rude he can be to teachers and shrinks, even if they are a bit, ah, pushy.

I like that, in this chapter, Robert seems to open up a bit with Dr. Greenway about his fight with Darren and how he feels about Stephen. This shows me that maybe these therapist visits won't be so bad for him. They'll at least give him someone to open up to, even if he does remember where he is at the end and resumes being a jerk.

I just like how open and yet private Robert can be. Like he can talk a little about Stephen and how Stephen is his friend and then whenever someone hints towards them being more, he resumes being a jerk and saying no more on the subject xD It shows me what he is and isn't comfortable sharing.

Overall, this is off to a very good start. :) I like the slow yet steady progress so far. I'm curious to know how Robert and Stephen turn into, so here's to hoping you post more. I also hope Robert can learn to open up to Dr. Greenway and trust him more. It might really help him avoid brutally stabbing dead frogs.~





No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf