Pokemon Ultimate Evolution: Episode 15, Goodbye

by dark, Avidia

In my dreams the images started moving. They shifted and twirled furiously before me.

Again... Why do these always appear in my dreams? I don't need to see the future, ever...

The images faded into the darkness as I opened my eyes. For the first time, Violet slept next to me. I couldn't think about anything else but the current situation. I was uncomfortable with her next to me, as I was used to Sato being in that spot. That would never happen again though. Sato was leaving with her parents. They knew that as long as Sato was around me that she would begin ruin her parent's reputation as the "coolest" parents in the city.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Sato hurry up before I have to drag you out of here. Your father's waiting."

"Why... Why do we have to go?" She cried.

"Are you really that stupid?" Zoey groaned. "One, your father and I have to keep our reps, and two, that bastard Sparker isn't going to stop causing trouble for us if we don't."

"I don't think he's the problem." Zenith said from behind. "Now, are you gonna keep pestering my daughter or are you gonna move your ass?"

"She's my daughter too, ya know."

"Not to me you aren't. Now hurry up and move before I feed you to that kid that beat you up. Ryan was it?"

Zoey reluctantly carried her luggage out of the white house they lived in and got into Zenith's car. Zenith bent down and placed a hand on Sato's cheek.

"Don't worry, one day we won't have to deal with her anymore." He whispered. "I'm sorry for treating you the way I did for so many years. I know it probably means nothing by now but for what's it's worth, I wanted to say that." Sato hugged him tightly.

"I forgive you daddy. But I will never forgive her, even if she is my mother." She cried.

"Neither will I. But I promise not to let her treat you badly ever again."

"Thank you, but daddy... Can I go say goodbye to Ryan, please?"

"What? He probably doesn't want to see me, but I'll take you to him."

Zenith walked out of their now former home with his daughter.

"Where are you two going?" Zoey moaned from inside the car.

"Shut up, I don't want to hear your voice." Zenith said with a firm voice.

The two walked to the Devon building. Zenith waited outside. Sato walked up to my room andsoftly knocked knocked on the door. I opened it and my face expression instantly changed.

"Sato!" I exclaimed. "It's so great to see you!" I knelt down and kissed a red horn on her head.

"Ryan, I came because I wanted to say goodbye."

"Oh, so you're leaving so soon. I really wanted you to stay for a bit longer."

"Yes, I'm sorry but I have to go wherever my father goes." She said.

"You're leaving with them? I know you will always forgive them and I respect that, but I don't think you should be traveling with the people who have treated you so badly..."

"I know, but my father has changed. He even apologized to me. As for my mother well, I won't have to be dealing with her one day."

"Well, I hope your travels go well, Sato." I smiled. "Please, come back sometime. I might not be here by then but I hope I could see you again."

Violet got off of the bed and stood next to me.

"Hey Sato..." She yawned. "Are you leaving today?"

"Uh, yes I- I am. I came to say goodbye."

Violet bent down and hugged her.

"I'm gonna miss you, girl. Don't do anything stupid."

"Ha hah, I won't I promise." She smiled.

Sato's smile quickly faded away and her eyes began to water a lot.

"Sato, please, I don't want what could possible be the last time I see you to be when you're sad. But I know we'll se each other again. I do love you after all." I hugged her small body. "I always will."

"I will too." She whiped off her tears after I let go of her. She smiled at me. That cute smile that she always had since the day I first saw her.

"Goodbye, Ryan and Violet..." She went back outside where Zenith and Zoey were waiting.

"Are you okay, Sato?" Zenith asked as she got in the car.

"Out of everything and everyone in this city, I'm going to miss Ryan the most." She said. If I didn't know him that well, I would have thought that all he wanted was to kill us, but... He's good inside. At least he has an excellent way of showing it."

"Um, yeah okay Sato." Zenith answered. "I guess I can go with that..."

Zenith started the car and drove out of the city to wherever they wanted to go.

"Well, that's that." Violet said wrapping herself around me. "Now what?"

"I don't know? I want to go speak to Indigo about something."

"After last night, I really don't care."

"What do you mean?"

"Hmm? Okay let me recap. From what I heard from Lavender, you were attacked by Zenith and Zoey, Indigo showed up and told you that he was there to kill Lavender to scare you away. You shot Zoey out of a window, stabbed Zenith's hand all while protecting trying to protect Magenta. On the other hand, Kray my mom and I were spending all night in a flooded building to look for a black locket because my mom thought that Indigo was serious when he said he would kill Lavender the day before he left. Now that's just too much for me to handle but I guess I'll go with you because I need to get my stuff anyway. ~Damn that was a mouthful~..." She gasped.

"Alright, I get it. Let's go, er, girlfriend..."

"Oh, now you got the message. Good, good." Violet laughed.

"Don't push it, Vi. I'm only agreeing with your little arrangement because my one love is gone now."

"Gee, I didn't know that was the case. I'm sorry." She said, with shame. "Look, you don't have to-"

"It's fine, it's fine. Don't dwell on it. It's not like this is something to be worried about anyway." I said.

We walked together to Violet's home. Indigo was sitting by the front door. Violet walked right passed him and went inside. I say down with him.

"So, you and my sister seem okay together." He said.

"You could say that." I answered. "What's that matter with you?

"I know that Sanna family is a threat to mine, but that little girl, she seems so innocent. It makes me feel bad about wanting to kill them."

"Don't bother dwelling on that, they're gone now. And the only person in that family that you'd really need to kill is Zoey. Zenith doesn't seem all that bad but Zoey, I wish I could strangle her forever."

"You're a bit too hostile for your age." Indigo said, gazing at the sky. "Why is that?"

"That's just the way I am. And by the way, as long as Violet is staying with me, I won't let anything happen to her if I can, which I mostly likely will be able to."

"We'll thanks, it's nice to know that someone is willing to take care or her while my mother and I can't now that I know that I have a third little sister I'm gonna be really busy with my mother while we take care of her, so again, thanks."

"No problem. It's not like I have anything better to be doing right now. My baby brother seems to be able to take care of himself now even though he's only a few weeks old or so."

"Great to hear, kid."

I left Indigo alone and went inside. Magenta was playing with Lavender in the back while Violet got her belongings from her room. In the hallway upstairs, the door at the end was open a bit. I walked into Violet's room where she was packing her things into a suitcase.

"So this room was yours?" I asked.

"Yeah I shared it with Indigo. You like it?"

The room had white walls and and indigo carpet. It had only one bed and a large dresser in the back that was next to their closet. The only thing in the closet now was Violet's purple coat. She closed the suit case and put the coat on.

"I guess I'll be needing this since its getting chilly out." She said.

"Heh, that's the first time I have ever seen you in anymore clothing than what you usually wear." I laughed.

"Yeah well, nobody seems to mind what i wear so I really don't care. Why fix something that doesn't need to be fixed, huh?" She said looking at herself in the dresser mirror.

"You make am excellent point sweetheart. I'll be waiting outside."

I waited outside for Violet. At the corner of my eye, I could see Jason walking around in the street. He had followed us after he woke up. I walked over to him and scooped him off the ground.

"What are you doing here, Jason?" I asked him.

"Nothing!" He answered with a tiny voice.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed. "You learn fast, kid. Well, that's great that you can speak already."

"Yeah, aren't I awesome?" He smiled.

"Of course you are little brother. Without a doubt you are."

"Violet walked out of the house with her suitcase and she sidled up next to me.

"Hi Violet!" Jason squealed.

"Oh, you sound so cute!" Violet exclaimed. "I love you!"

"Yeah, I was surprised too. Come one, let's back back to the room."

When we got there, everything seemed to be different. The room was exactly the same but something didn't fit well with our room.

"You guys feel that?" Violet asked.

"Yeah, it's like a shadow in here is... alive." I answered.

Behind us, a pair of red eyes appeared on the wall.

"BOO!" Alex yelled. Violet screamed and jumped away from the wall.

"Dammit, Alex!" She screamed. "Don't scare me like that. Alex slowly stepped out of the shadows with a black leather jacket on.

"Ahahah! That felt great." He exclaimed. "Your reactions are the only thing that keep me attracted to you."

Alex's personality completely changed. He was more cheerful than he used to be.

"You must like to be a ghost Al. Good for you." I smiled.

"You have that right cousin. I am a ghost type after all."

"Really well, that's something new."

"Well sorry for the sudden scare Violet." He said giving her a hug? "I kinda thought you were always on alert."

"We'll I wasn't, so could you get off off of me ghostie?"

"Sure. Well, that's all I came for so byyyeeee." His voice ghostly voice echoed through the whole build as he vanished into thin air.

"I like the kid, but he freaks me out when he's all cheery." Violet said with a shiver.

"Noted sweetheart, very much has been noted." I answered.

Violet placed her clothes and other belongings into an empty drawer. She lie down next me. After being scared by Alex all she wanted to do was sleep. She wrapped herself around me under the blanket and quickly drifted off into a deep sleep.

Well, I guess this is the way it is going to be for a while. Heh, my world is alway Evolving...

But I will never forgive her, even if she is my mother." She cried.

What!? Ahh, so sudden!
And then Ryan suddenly is okay with Violet being his girlfriend!
And then Jason can suddenly talk!

If there's one big thing you can learn about in the future, it would be pacing character development and planting seeds.

See, if we're reading a book, getting to know a character the same way we'd get to know a new friend, and think we know their personality, when all of a sudden they do something completely opposite to that personality, since we're reading fiction we tend to blame it on the author. We, as readers, think that the author wasn't careful in designing his plot or characters and just wanted to throw new things in there for the heck of it. But people don't change that way. People change for reasons, and we want to see reasons in character change, too.

That's where the planting seeds come in. If you hint in an earlier episode that Jason was making motions like he was trying to speak, and maybe later that we heard him make some garbled noise, we'd believe that he'd just been learning and accept that he could suddenly speak today. By planting seeds earlier in the story, they can blossom to full flowers by the time you want to reveal the new thing.

Or, if some event took place that changed his mind, that could be the reason for his new skill. Then we'd have a reason we could believe. Even though this is obviously not based in the real world, we still look for reality in fiction pieces, because we're imagining ourselves in these real worlds.

That's why readers are going to be freaked out if Ryan is suddenly okay with Violet being his girlfriend. Usually, we look for longevity in relationships in fiction. We've come to love Sato the same way that Ryan has because we were reading your story. So when you try to tell us we suddenly have to love Violet, who's always been too pushy, we don't believe it. If, instead, you planted the seed that Ryan liked Violet for some reason that Sato didn't have, and that Ryan didn't really believe that being girlfriends with someone else while Sato was gone was a bad thing or cheating on or betraying Sato, we'd believe it. But if Sato knew they were suddenly together, wouldn't she feel upset??

Whew~ Anyway, we'll see what the future holds.
PM me if you have any questions!

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:55 pm
TwinkleStar wrote a review...

Very nice, I don't have much to say here. Although I'm still confused about Indigo but a lot of things are clearer now. It was a short, sweet, relaxing episode once again. I liked the touch of drama you added with Sato leaving. I really liked her and she has to go now, that's actually sad for me. But I'm not sure how it's going to go between Ryan and Violet. This world that you've created, nobody really cares much of what the other person is doing. Like Indigo didn't even know he had a little sister. how is it that he was absent for so long? And Violet's mom doesn't seem to mind anything she does, it's strange. Moms are usually the over protective ones. I feel really happy about Sato's dad changing. At least knowing that give the readers a hint of satisfaction that the character that's leaving the story for now or forever, is going to be okay so it can be called a part happy, part sad ending.
What I loved most here was Sato's affection towards her parents. How she so easily forgave her father and is willing to go with them where they go.
I hope to see more action in the next chapter. Keep writing! =]

Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:02 am
dark says...

Thanks for everyone that enjoyed this!!! :pirate3:
There will be more. And I hope you love what's to come as much as you loved this!!! :D :D

I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault