Profanity

by Niraco

When all else has failed

Just open your mouth and say:

‘Please, go fork yourself.’

malbania says...

Haha! This is such a nice small poem, This could be a good way if someone deals with profanity making up normal words that don't sound so bad so they could stop. This would make them a much happy about themselves and who wouldn't want to come up with their own words? LOL Keep up the good work with such nice motivating poems like this one.

JamieMaming says...

Ha. hilarious and humorous. Love it. Write me more.

Marlie wrote a review...

I love that you didn't say 'Please, go fuck yourself.' Because that is what's expected. You made a cue when you said "when all else fails.." I think that means you can't really get your point across, maybe the person isn't listening or maybe you can't really say a cus word to the person you are talking to.. so "fork yourself" is perfect lol. I would stop what I was saying if someone told me to fork myself.. I would probably laugh! I literally love this poem.. so much that I've read it like 5 times today and I finally decided to review it lol.

I don't know what else to say but I totally get it ! and my insides cannot stop laughing.

Cirute wrote a review...

Ha! This is an awesome poem. I really got a good chuckle out of it. There's really nothing I could add to something like this-- it's pretty perfect! There's also no grammatical/spelling mistakes either, which is quite good. The poem reminds the reader that, sometimes, it's good to just say what you need to say-- which in this case, is a beautifully poetic string of insults. Heck, I almost said that very phrase to my french teacher today, but it probably wouldn't of turned out quite as good... XD As a chronic swearer myself, you earn my approval!

~Cirute

Niraco says...

Bad idea saying that to a teacher xD

Aley wrote a review...

Hey Niraco,

Aley here to review.

This was cute. It made me chuckle when I read it the first time, but it would have been better if you could actually use the word.

That being said, I think you have a little that you could improve on. First off I think that there isn't much context in this poem. It's sort of like we're dropped into the middle of nowhere and the best way to do anything is to insult people. Well, that's really not the best idea if you're in a great number of situations. For instance, if you fail to make excuses to your teacher about losing your homework, telling them l3 is not going to get you out of the situation and it's going to dig you into a deeper hole. Same thing if you're talking to a police officer of some sort.

That being said, it really isn't the best advice for a good percentage of situations. Understanding that this is supposed to be a humorous poem, it is funny, but I think you could make it funnier by putting this into a situation.

Changing the first line to something that indicates what the situation is, and having the character "just open their mouth and say:" would really improve the poem. If it was someone like a politician, or, lord forbid, a religious individual, it would be even funnier.

Niraco says...

I was going to put the word 'fuck' in it and when I posted it I kept it in. I edited it due to my friend suggesting 'fork' which would add some extra humor and I liked the idea so I went for it xD

Karma531 says...

I really love this, it was really funny/good. Keep writing (:

Niraco says...

Thank you.

Karma531 says...

Your welcome.

Hey Niraco! Alex here to review your haiku!
Hehe, I always love it when people get traditional things like haikus and make it funny/rude/modern. I find it really funny! :D
I quite like how this is kind of a guide; what to do when all else has failed. :P
There's not a lot wrong with this! Haikus are pretty easy to find problems and isolate them. Just one small thing, the first line is begging for a comma at the end of it. I think it would break it up better.
Overall, hehe, this made me laugh! And that's always good! :P

Niraco says...

I wasn't too sure if I should have added a comma so thank you for pointing that out :D

Truth says...

Well that was pretty. Yet it dont seem to be vivid and the format is wron but I cant say to much I cant write haikus.

Niraco says...

The formatting is wrong? Could you explain please, thanks? :)

deleted5 says...

The 5-7-5 is correct @Truth

Wist is Ley's mind, confirmed
— WeepingWisteria