z

Young Writers Society

The Grandest Adventure (TAGBOOK)

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:23 am
View Likes
spottedpebble says...

spottedpebble looked down at their flour-covered hands. The last thing she remembered was sitting in her living room, staring at the YWS homescreen and trying to decide whether they would rather be called spot, peb, pebb, or pebble as a shortened YWS nickname. But then all of a sudden they were standing in the middle of a kitchen that looked like it had a Halloween filter on it, holding some sugar cookies decorated to look like eyeballs.

spot turned and saw someone wearing a t-shirt with an alpaca, a cross, and some flowers on it standing next to them. "Who are you?" spot asked. "How did we get here? Wait... are you... @alpacaboss? Are we inside YWS?!"

@alpacaboss laughed. "Of course we are, silly! We were just making cookies for the Halloween party, remember? Just like @Rinisha and @Quillfeather told us to."

spot reached back into the deep recesses of their memory and found a faint glimmer of a memory of standing in the middle of a Halloween-themed party amid a crowd of YWSers. @IcyFlame was practising witchcraft with an invisible wand, - or was it imaginary? - @Messenger was running around, @AilahEvelynMae was gingerly placing witch's hats on people's heads, @Rose and @KaiaJersaga were talking about sharks, @foxmaster was putting on a fox tail, and @alpacaboss was listening to @LuminescentAnt fret about memories and something to do with @GengarIsBestBoy turning into a real-life Gengar. spottedpebble was just about to ask @LuminescentAnt what they were talking about when @kagehana13 walked up to her and asked whether or not she should publish something when the party was over.

spot was pulled back to reality -er, the filtered kitchen reality, that is- by someone tapping their arm. "Hey, pebb, are you okay?" It was @KaiaJersaga, wearing a purple cloak.

spot was about to tell her that, yes, she was fine, but then @KaiaJersaga's image flickered, and for a second spot could swear she saw her turn into a swarm of purple butterflies.

spottedpebble jumped in surprise and landed back down on a hard surface. She looked up and saw a long walkway with portals on all sides. Each portal had a different color and texture and a different symbol next to it. The symbols almost looked like... YWS avatars! pebble ran down the walkway. Yes, there was @PaigeFantasy's avatar, @looseleaf's avatar, @OrabellaAvenue's, @creaturefeature, @RazorSharpPencil, @TheBlueCat, and so many more! pebble looked up and saw that the watercolor purple sky was open and yet really close to them, with images of people staring into phone and computer shaped holes tearing through the clouds. The only face she recognized was @kagehana13's.

"Help!" pebb called out. There was no answer. "They can't hear me," she realized in despair. "But maybe being stuck in YWS isn't that bad. And maybe some others got sucked in here too! I should try to find them."

They stepped through the nearest portal, the one with an avatar slot that said Awaiting Next Poster on this Tagbook. The color of the portal was somehow none of the colors and all the colors all at one time and was completely smooth. As the coolness of the portal kissed their skin, spottedpebble wondered who would be the one to open this portal and let them back into the world of YWS. Whose story would she become a part of? And how long would it take?
Last edited by spottedpebble on Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:)
rainbow
spot~pebble~peb~pebb~
in any order

she/they

spottedpebble

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:20 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

tea was sitting at his computer. He was trying to find the words to type into his draft. He realized that he hadn't checked his notifications. He giggled in delight.

Maybe its more words i can badly misinterpret! he thought.

Tea loved participating in posts. Not only did he have fun, but he met some real nice people! People like @Spearmint and @KaiaJersaga . Fun people who helped him. People supported his works and his ideas, people like @spottedpebble, @creaturefeature, and @LuminescentAnt.

Alas, it was not. Only notifications that said "YWS is a real threat, Leave. NOW."

Strange. he pondered. YWS is the most funnest place ever! It couldn't be a threa-.

Just then, his screen started to glow.

His eyes hadn't seen something so bright since he tried to see the sun.

When he opened his eyes he saw what looks like... pusheen? and... an alpaca?!

"Oh my god. Where am I?"

"What? We can't understand you." said someone... a ghost? Gengar?

Tea looked down his hands. They weren't his. Instead, they were... periwinkle? He reached up to his hair. It wasn't hair. It was a fluid. Tea? He looked at his outfit. He wasn't wearing his hoodie but... a tea bag dress? He felt weird. He didn't like this revelation at all. So then he tried to listen to himself speak. He tried to say hello. Instead, all that was said was...

"toki? toki?"

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:28 pm
View Likes
DeadMenTe11N0Tales says...

Grim was feeling, well, grim.
She on a whim went on YWS and checked her notifications.

Hmmmm... I've got mail!

She clicked on it, her curiosity getting the best of her.

Suddenly, the room started spinning. Her screen got brighter and brighter.
Then, everything went dark.

Ug, what happened?

She looked around, taking in her impossible surroundings. She appeared to be in a grand library, lit by floating candles. She stood up and looked at herself.

What!?!?

She wore a hooded cape, and her hands were transparent.
They glowed! Wait, all of her was transparent! (and glowed hehe :3).
She looked around for an exit...
(You can call me Raven or Grim if you want)

Remember, until we meet again,

“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”― Lemony Snicket

This is DeadMenTe11N0Tales, signing off

224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:48 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

As @alliyah was walking around in her empty Poetry Garden whilst sitting on Unclassified, her Unicorn, she took a deep breath thinking and sighed, ‘Wonderful.’

‘What are you thinking about?’ Alliyah’s neighbour, @Leya asked curiously while harvesting potatoes from her garden in order to plant poems next month while @Rose was busy watering her roses.

Alliyah explained, ‘Well, I was thinking about NaPo and how lovely it will be once my garden is completely full with poems, just like @creaturefeature.’

CreatureFeature who lived just across Alliyah looked up at hearing his name. ‘Well I can’t take all the credits. I have to say @fatherfig ’s garden’s been pretty full almost the entire year.’

Fatherfig was secretly very happy to be appreciated like that, but he wanted to be modest. ‘Aww thanks Guys, but I have to say everyone is doing their best.’

@keystrings was so excited that she already started tilting the soil of her garden even though NaPoWriMo was a month away. But she was not the only early bird, @starbean , @herbalhour and @Spearmint had already tilted their gardens!

@AmayaStatham who is mostly a story writing Gardener wanted some variety in her garden so she’s going to participate in her very first NaPo this year.

@OrabellaAvenue was definitely planning on doing NaPo this year, but that could only be achieved if she could catch her bunnies who were constantly eating all of her vegetables and escaping their cages.

@FluorescentAnt really wanted to help Ora, but she had the same problem only with Pusheen. Pusheen was running behind Rigo the entire time which only complicated things for @Kaia too. But this was no reason for Kaia nor Ant to move, they were happy to be neighbours.

Duo was quite the topic on YWS for the last few days. A lot of users such as @avianwings47 had joined their club which seemed to have a goal of stealing the Golden Goose. Also the fact that Duo itself had taken over @RazorSharpPencil and it seemed to be coming as inseparable buddies with @AilahEvelynMae who had a 30 day streak already and were also making plans for potential NaPo titles. Vladimir was trying his best to look out for Duo’s mischievous plots so he could protect Ailah, but he needed help.

This was a great concern for Unclassified, also with all the vegetables who were kidnapping people, thank God the review day helped reduce the kidnapping a little. But for how long, @Snoink wondered?

Whilst everyone was busy making plans for NaPo, a lot still remembered the RP Weekend Event that was going on.

There were lots of Gardeners like @Ari11 and @JazzElectrobass who were still having tons of fun with the hashtag #ocforaday . Not to forget @LadyMysterio with her top secret character Ve and @APoltergeist with the amazing Lyra, who is an assistant navigator.

All the Gardeners were devotedly either working on their garden or making plans for NaPo , @Nate walked around checking everyone and everything. He was content with the YWS Poetry Community.

502 Words

u can't have villains exist just 2 b villains
— ShadowVyper