142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:18 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Camp NaNo '22 - Eraser Shavings
Spotify Playlist

image to be replaced when I make something

At present, the Polnet family consists of four people: an overworked mom, two feuding sisters, and a fish. It used to have an "all-American" son and a kind father, but those days ended a while ago. Leonard Polnet, the father, has been missing for fifteen years and was only around to see his youngest daughter turn four months old. Mallory Polnet was a bit luckier and saw his youngest sister turn thirteen, but has still been missing for two years.

After more than a decade of not knowing what happened to her family members, Q Polnet goes on a search for information, only to find out this is not the first time people have gone mysteriously missing in her town. Will the adventure that follows be satisfactory? Or will it lead her down the same path her father and brother took?

If you could see your ancestors
All standing in a row,
There might be some of them, perhaps,
You wouldn't want to know.
But, there is another question, which
Requires another view,
If you could meet your ancestors,
Would they be proud of you?

Goals:
  • 10,000 words or three chapters
  • outline five more chapters (up to chapter twelve)
  • develop each character more

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:30 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

That lyric/poem has me very intrigued. Good luck with your Camp goals, looseleaf! :D
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:38 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Love a good town/family mystery! Great goals for the month too! You got this <3
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

142 Reviews

Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:51 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Thank you @Liminality and @Carlito! I'm glad you guys like the premise so far. :)

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:43 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

This plot sounds quite similar to the one in your novel Dad Hacked Death! Is the two in any way related? Nevertheless, I love a good mystery and I hope you reach your goals! :)
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

142 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:07 pm
looseleaf says...

Thanks @RandomTalks! Yup, this is the revamped Dad Hacked Death. I realized it might be a little hard to write about the underworld. Also, I was planning on Q falling love with someone and decided it would be a little weird if she fell in love with someone dead..

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:14 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

@looseleaf Sounds interesting! Hopefully you can straighten all those details out during camp! And, yes I don't suppose being in love with a ghost would be a particularly enjoyable experience!
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

142 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:03 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

looseleaf wrote:If you want, pick a number from 1 to 7, please (this is for Camp NaNo).

Link to original comment

looseleaf wrote:

Link to original comment

So there go some of the other people who disappeared. It would have been too much/too repetitive to have them all in one book.

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:10 pm
View Likes
PlanBot says...

Hello looseleaf! This is PlanBot coming along to say good luck with Camp NaNo! It makes my bot heart happy to see you've been doing some planning.
Are you gearing up for Camp NaNo in April?
Join us with the PlanMo Journal Challenge to prepare (and earn some shiny badges)!

You can't fool me! I listen to public radio!
— Squidward Tentacles