Young Writers Society

Event 3: Somonka (Tanka Pairs) RESULTS

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:30 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Hello everyone!

First of all, thank you so much for submitting to this event and experimenting with something that is completely new to a lot of us! I hope trying out the somonka form was fun. A round of applause for everyone who submitted in this event!

@InuYosha @Elinor @Plume @ForeverYoung299 @rida @Valkyria @Que @chikara @FireEyes @LizzyTyler @whatchamacallit @Rodionandaxe @alliyah @MomoMajesty @kattee @looseleaf @niteowl

Before I announce the winners, I'll take a page from @SpiritedWolfe's book and mention some somonka floating around the site that you should also read if you have the time~

@AlmostImmortal's Olympic Somonka: The Mirror
@Rodionandaxe's poem

And now for our winners~ Click on the ^ sign to read their somonka. Do also check out the whole event thread for this one, where you'll find 17 terrific somonka!

Congrats everyone and thanks again for submitting!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:31 am
View Likes
Rodionandaxe says...

Congrats y'all :) and thanks for the event Lim. It was my first time writing a tanka ( or a samonka) but i had fun.
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. " - by Dr Seuss

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:54 am
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Aah so exciting! Congrats @alliyah and @kattee! You both wrote fabulous somonkas :D
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:50 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

OH wow yay!! Congratulations to everyone who participated as well! You did a fantastic job <3 <3 I loved reading your works!
If you want some sweet reviews to your poems, short stories, and essays, come by Katteelogue.

Have a lovely day❤️

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle