Share your YWS background

14 posts
User avatar
Gender Male
Points 13147
Reviews 431
Whenever someone posts a screenshot of YWS, I'm always fascinated by the background they use! I only use the default blue so I'm afraid mine isn't all that interesting, but what about the rest of you?

To set a custom background, go to Settings ->> Board Preferences ->> Global Settings, and then look for "Set background style." Or, click here.

To take a screenshot, Windows has a program called "Snipping Tool" that's really great and easy to use. For Mac, read here. For mobile devices... do a Google search ;)




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 19326
Reviews 539
This is a fun idea... and a bit embarrassing.

I like backgrounds that are black so I can see the quotes at the bottom of the page. I also really like mojitos. (My one vice... alongside wine. Wine was my background up until very recently.)

Spoiler
Image
this tender self • metamorpoiesis • i have returned with the swell • i don't know how to be alone

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 33076
Reviews 1167
It's hard to make out, but my background is this picture:
Spoiler

pride rock.png
pride rock.png (1.71 MiB) Viewed 897 times



Why? Because I really, really love The Lion King and this picture is especially majestic.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!


Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 2320
Reviews 40
Image

So that's my background picture. Pegasus J. Crawford and his Toon Monsters. I took that image because I love his scary toon monsters - I say scaries because quite a lot of kids that watched Yu-Gi-Oh got scared by the following images:

Spoiler
Image
Image

And if you read the manga, they actually look more psychotic: Image


Something about the laughing, the smiles, and especially the eyes. Personally, as I love villanous thing, a passionate fondness for that creepy stuff grew within me, and now I smile and laugh the way they do to scare people around me for fun.

Wanna be Fweeeeeeends? :D
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 658
Reviews 75
my background is this
Spoiler
Image
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1883
Reviews 806
THIS IS AMAZING <33 I DIDN'T KNOW WE COULD DO THIS <3333 I am so using my background from my profile.

Image




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 29221
Reviews 863
I always have a theme for my profile. RIght now it's pastel geometric shapes! Also my background is an animated gif, which I couldn't convey in the screenshot.

Spoiler
Screenshot (22).png
Screenshot (22).png (424.95 KiB) Viewed 800 times
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
— Gringoamericano




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 8000
Reviews 212
Here's mine;

Spoiler
Capture-ywsbackground.JPG
Capture-ywsbackground.JPG (212.53 KiB) Viewed 789 times


It's been this for a while, so I might change it soon if I can find something I like.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?"
- Paimon, Aether's Heart


“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.”
- Grace Hopper.




User avatar
Gender Other
Points 6496
Reviews 399
This is my background right now:

Spoiler
Image


It's just that repeated over and over xD

︵‿︵‿୨ ♡ OwO ♡ ୧‿︵‿︵


sass levels loading


[he/him]




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 546
Reviews 110
Spoiler
Image


I was getting sick of my older one yet was too lazy to draw something, so I stole something from the internet.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 25804
Reviews 532
Spoiler
Image

This gorgeous oil painting. I love the paint strokes at the top (the part that shows the most).
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

she/her | team monkeys | #unclassified




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 15167
Reviews 175
Spoiler
Image


This is mine. Positivity bees. <3
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~




User avatar
Gender Other
Points 1234
Reviews 590
My current one is pretty simple and doesn't stand out much. I've gotten distracted looking at my background before, so I made sure that wouldn't happen again with this one. ^_^

Spoiler
Image
mage

[ they/them ]

queer and here.




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 650
Reviews 766
Image

Now every wall post I make is accompanied by Sherlock looking for a murder, John saying no, and Lestrade just sort of standing there laughing.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death




"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
— William Shakespeare