Random avatar

timjim77

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: What A Disguise Love Is.

    - "I am taken by moments in time": Ok, I am a sucker for the first line. A really big sucker. You have suckered me in. Most juries make up ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Reason for Rebellion

    Hmmm, I feel that the sentiment here is a bit too blunt for it to have much of an impact. There is something to be said for subtlety. - I ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Crucifixion

    I am a cursed one. Like flames that lick my wooden soul (Wooden soul, awesome.) They taunt me crue(l)ly. They whip me, and hurt. Bright red sparks come from my ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Antithetic Love

    Be warned: I read no other comments before this. I do like this poem. And yet there is something about it that itches me. I think it is the tone. ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Draft of a Letter to Delphi

    1. Like Luther is unnecessary. After your other fairly dense allusions, let's hope your audience gets that one. 2. Having followed your poetry, I know you have mostly abandoned texture ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Deepest Memories

    1. You changed tense in the fifth line. Even in a poem, you usually want to stick to one tense unless you have a good reason not to. 2. "The ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: A still life in color

    1. Comma after line "bathing in radiant light", and make pr or. 2. Via Dolorosa. 3. Hmm, I feel like the capitalization of the last line breaks something. I really ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Things Seen In Cab-Ride #276

    This poem does not make people look at the truth. This poem is not straight to the point. This poem is not sad. This poem is not true. This is ...

    May 31, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Useless Verse

    Gadi, The fact that so many people did not like your poem is commendable. You are on the right path to becoming a poor, starved poet. All kidding aside, the ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Ars Poetica

    I like this. I'm glad you revised. If you are willing to revise again, I think there are some minor changes to the texture of the poem that will enhance ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: What Makes Me Bloom

    The end of this poem far surpasses the beginning. Notes: 1. 'Aid' as a verb has no 'e'. An aide is a helper. 2. You have made a lot of ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Jesus Fermented on Saturday

    Xanthan, I think this poem is fantastic. Your brevity is masterful and hard. But what amazes me the most if the effect of the title on the poem. Such a ...

    May 15, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Ravens and Tygers

    I love dense imagery. But there are a few times within the poems where the tenor of the poem shifts in such a way that the imagery loses its effectiveness. ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Misery of Love

    Your poem has a good foundation. Some notes: 1. You have used some language which is stale. "time spent together" "will do no harm" "under his charm" "kind at heart", ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: You're in my Address Book somewhere

    [on warm nights in blooming gardens that you'll never remember right, no] This line disrupts the flow and atmosphere of the poem, perhaps intentionally, but its purpose is not clear. ...

    Apr 17, 2007


It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe