User avatar

simplycomplex

  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: finish me off

    This poem is pretty good. The words are sharp and accusing, and that forms good emotion. Just take it . You’ve taken my friends, My feeling of warmth, My feeling ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: After you left

    This is a nice poem but some of the lines lacked emotion and meaning. The repetition of the first three lines was okay, but it didn't really add much to ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: My mistakes

    Good job on this! The emotion in this poem is very real and relatable. Also, I like the rhyming pattern you used. I caught a few grammar mistakes, though. Why ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Nemain's Brutality

    Wow, great poem! I really like the flow of it. Spinning hair encompassing The darkness of all, Whites of her eyes the clouds Mirror irises reflect not her soul But ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Sirens' Songs

    This poem is very... I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's good. It flows smoothly, and makes me think about things that are peaceful and traditional. Their hands ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Butterflies

    Good work on this poem, it is very nice and meaningful. I am a butterfly, but my patterning is fading. I look out of my window and my days are ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Before I Forget

    Aw that's a sweet poem! I like how you did the line breaks, and your descriptions are really good, too. I need you to know, when the sun's eye brazens ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Demised Lovers

    Not the happiest poem... but that's okay, it's still good! The texture of your voice, the pain it holds within.. . Like fire as it pants across my skin. Round ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Cloud You

    This is a neat poem, I like it. Oceans and clouds... they make me think of summer. Ocean and seas the waves wash me , Salt drowns my lungs and ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: My Sweet Love

    For your first poem, that's pretty good! I can definitely see the Shakespeare element in it. If Mozart spoke divine symphonies with every word My sweet love speaks only as ...

    Aug 20, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Strewberries with Cream

    I really like poems that have simple titles but hold a far deeper meaning, like this poem. I also like how you took such a simple topic and expanded on ...

    Aug 20, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: My best friend.

    Nice rhyming and poem. But, first of all, I don't know your reason for capitalizing every word. Maybe you meant to, but even if you didn't, I find it sort ...

    Aug 20, 2010
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Diary

    Wow, I really like the rhythm of this poem. The lines are short, but the because of the narrator's attitude long lines aren't needed. Here 's my thoughts, my many ...

    Aug 20, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: If I fall, will you catch me?

    That's a nice poem. If I fall, For you, Will you catch me? I don't think you really need the comma after "fall". The line break already supplies the pause ...

    Aug 20, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Time Continues On

    I like the topic and title of this poem. It's a very poetic thing to write about. Living life through all this seemingly endless unfading pain , Rejoicing, knowing that ...

    Aug 20, 2010


It doesn’t smell old, it just smells like a bad idea.
— James Hoffman