User avatar

jessiethought

jessiethought

  • Poetry » General, General Re: The Devil's Design

    Wow. So, I feel like this poem could be about two separate people, the speaker and the addressee, or about one person: the speaker, speaking to himself (herself). The title ...

    Aug 19, 2014
  • Poetry » Romantic, Dramatic Re: Colliding Fire With Ice

    You have great vocabulary and juxtapose words in some extremely interesting ways. The main confusion I have with this poem is, well, confusion.... Throughout a lot of this poem I'm ...

    Aug 18, 2014
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: You

    Nice poem! Definitely a surprising ending! Throughout this whole poem I was thinking, "Is this to an ex-boyfriend/girlfriend? A friend who became an enemy? An evil clique?" Oh, no. It's ...

    Aug 17, 2014
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: Not afraid

    I really don't have much nitpicking to do for this song! :) You grammar seems great. And I have no problems with your subject, or word choice, or tone of ...

    Aug 17, 2014
  • Short Story » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: Felindar

    Hmm. I don't have time to read this whole thing right now. This is kind of long. The one suggestion I have at this point is to publish the story ...

    Aug 17, 2014
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Shakespearean Sonnet #4 (Recovery)

    You have yet another sonnet! Whew! On a roll with sonnets, huh? ;) All right, "let's get down to business" ... to defeat the typos. (I really mangled that Mulan ...

    Aug 17, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Shakespearean Sonnet #3 (Brick Edition)

    I'm back to review another of your sonnets! Again, congratulations on actually finishing some; I never can. I get stuck after the first two quatrains or so. :) First of ...

    Aug 17, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Gaius

    I agree with pretty much everything fortis already said; so, sorry if I'm not really pointing out anything you didn't already know--I'll just corroborate fortis's opinion. Perhaps stop your first ...

    Aug 17, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Things I Wish I Would've Told My Mom

    Good advice; interesting thoughts here. The only real nitpick I have is that you labelled this poetry, but it doesn't feel like poetry. Maybe this should be "other"? If you ...

    Aug 17, 2014
  • Short Story » Literature, General Re: La parada

    Excellent title! I really like the subject of this story: a missed chance, a lost meeting. The voice of your narrator is clear and consistent throughout the story. Good job. ...

    Aug 17, 2014
  • Poetry » Romantic, Lyrical Re: The crystal ball

    I really like some of your phrasing in this poem! For example, the lines "eyes are meant to guide the way, but yours make me get lost." Some suggestions: Make ...

    Aug 16, 2014
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Shakespearean Sonnet #5

    Personally, sonnets are extremely hard for me to write and finish, so congratulations on writing a sonnet! The subject of your sonnet is pretty interesting! For the most part, your ...

    Aug 16, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, Narrative Re: Asenath:Tears on the Sand Chapter 1

    This was great! Some things could be improved, of course (when is that not the case, though?) but overall, excellent job. I really enjoyed the juxtaposition of what Asenath is ...

    Aug 16, 2014
  • Short Story » Fantasy, Narrative Re: The Story of Monoceros

    Excellent "legend" and beautiful story! :) I don't have very many nitpicks for this! First, in the beginning of your story you refer to the unicorn as "it," but later ...

    Aug 16, 2014
  • Article / Essay » Politics, Narrative Re: Independence Day and the Irony Thereof

    Excellent essay! I really enjoyed reading it! I am an American (yeah, one of those ignorant Americans) and I must say I didn't know about the history of Kashmir and ...

    Aug 15, 2014


It’s not unorthodox, I thought it was beautiful.
— Jimi Hendrix