User avatar

ink_on_fire

  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Lyla. Part 3

    :) Beautiful. Inside the toilets a group of year ten and eleven girls [s]were[/s] sat by the sinks smoking. I dont think you need this were . That's all I ...

    Apr 21, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Lyla. Part 2.

    Love it :) Mum poked her head round the door and her eyes widened in shock when she saw me sat at the dressing table. Sitting maybe? Tom took my ...

    Apr 21, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Your deadly embrace

    Really nice work :) I agree with cat4prowl about the commas. :) And with Vernon about the originality side of things... But otherwise, this is beautiful work :) I love ...

    Apr 21, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Wildfire

    Endless, it pierces through walls like soldiers of war—flame, flesh and glass, it never loved anyone but itself. Wonderful poem. It's definitely dramatic. I love the very last part, about ...

    Apr 21, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: High School Students

    ...I wouldn't call this poetry. But I can see the idea your trying to bring across. Why are high school students [s]are [/s]crazy? Are they picking on a nerd or ...

    Apr 16, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Eleven Days In Hell #1

    This was good. :) He wiped the sweat from his brow, and walked over to the police tape. He flashed his badge, and the officer at the tape let him ...

    Apr 16, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: D'abord l'enfer, et puis l'incineration.

    Hey Vernon :) Ok, I'll do my best. Firstly, at a glance, there is too much punctuation. Reading this, it feels choppy. Uneven. Forced even... This may sound weird, but ...

    Apr 14, 2008
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: His father's Ring

    :) Hey... Ok, first thing's first. Did you mean to spell everything incorrectly? Also the punctuation is non-existant in some areas, :). It's short...and I really have no feelings for ...

    Apr 13, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Le Ballet VolĂ©

    Nice :) Just one thing... The first stanza is saying Take my words... but the second is saying the opposite... Ignore me . Was this intentional? Otherwise it's a beautiful ...

    Apr 13, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Preparing for the Time of My Life

    Hey :) Just a few things... YES! Caps is really not necessary. That's what an exclamation mark is for. :) I rolled my eyes Hmm...I think you have used this ...

    Apr 13, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Child, Child

    Very nice :) Anyone in the same situation can immediately relate. It's so simple and child-like but so full of emotion... I'm surprised how well this last bit flows. It ...

    Apr 13, 2008
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Please don't leave

    Beautiful...:) I agree with JC...This is perfect length. I've never really been into romance but I thought this was wonderful. The only thing I can see a slight problem with ...

    Apr 13, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Deleted

    Wow... Honestly, I'm confused. The fears of every sweater vest wearing, popular instrumental listening, and curfew at 10:00 sharp conservative home owning association parent, showed its fun hungry hea

    Apr 13, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Fosse Grim Returns to Water

    Hey :) Ok, firstly, long...... Maybe breaking it into 2 parts? Just a few things ;) We float, my dear, we float. And the sleeping caddisfly ventures Ever nearer to ...

    Apr 12, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Voice of an angel

    Hi Adna :) Beautiful work... A few things :) I don't quite understand what the bell has to do with the voice being beautiful. After the toll of the bell, ...

    Apr 12, 2008


You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott