z

Young Writers Society



Please don't leave

by Bella


“I can’t take this anymore; I’m leaving,” Ariel said, pulling on her coat.

“What?” Matt asked softly, afraid of the answer he knew was coming. They had been fighting a lot lately, and had discussed seeing other people on several occasions. Of course, Matt had figured that it was just another stage in their relationship, one that would bring them even closer together.

“I’m going to stay at a friend’s house for a few nights. My plane leaves this Saturday.”

“Plane?” Had she been planning this?

“Yes, my parents sent me a one way ticket back home; I’m going to go visit them for while, so I can get back on my feet.” Matt was in awe. He watched in silence, his mouth agape, as she closed the door behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~11:00 AM, SATURDAY, AIRPORT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Excuse me miss, there’s a man outside looking for you,” one of the flight attendants said, tapping Ariel on the shoulder lightly.’

“Me?”

“You are Ariel Patricks, aren’t you?” she nodded. “Then yes, you.” Ariel got up and walked off the plane, her carry-on bag in hand. There, standing as close as he could possibly get to the plane entrance without purchasing a ticket, was Matt.

“Oh God,” Ariel sighed, turning around immediately.

“Wait!” Matt exclaimed. She turned and looked straight in his tear-filled eyes. “Ariel, I am begging you now, please don’t leave. I haven’t been able to sleep, eat, or so much as speak sine you left. I miss you horribly, and I fewar for my life if you do go. I realized for the first tiem this morning that...I...uh...I...” she walked over and placed a finger on his lips.

“You had me at ‘wait,’” she whispered, kissing him gently. “And I love you too.”


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 1090
Reviews: 5

Donate
Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:05 pm
IdaCupatti wrote a review...



It was really cute, but a bit short :]
You should try to fill it all out, if you know what i mean ^^ Try to explain more of his feelings, her feelings and so on. Then the reader will feel like a part of the story.
But I like your idea :smt003




User avatar
99 Reviews


Points: 4893
Reviews: 99

Donate
Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:16 pm
babymagic18 wrote a review...



That was a really great story I really believe that you will have many stories published in your lifetime it's a great goal one I would also love to achive. I try so hard to think of a good story line and when I do I just get so discouraged that nothing will come of it. But still good luck to you and all your hard work! :wink:




User avatar


Points: 690
Reviews: 1

Donate
Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:19 pm
darkgeisha0525 wrote a review...



I liked the overall message of it, but think you could have built the tensiona bit more. Also, instead of writng out the setting, you should insert it into the story. Other than that, It was awsome!! Pm me if you write anything else. :D




User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 1190
Reviews: 6

Donate
Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:14 am
Suketsune wrote a review...



I liked it's length. While yes it was short, making it much longer could have detracted from the true essence of the story.

I spotted a few typos, but those have already been mentioned by others. Run it through a spell check and all will be fixed no problem.

I read that some people thought that some of the lines were a little cliche, but in today's society many thoughts and memories often are stored as cliches come to life. Such as the ending, while it was a bit cliche, it might just be something realistic for a person to say.

Overall it is a cute little story and a fun little read. Keep up the good work!




User avatar
84 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 84

Donate
Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:50 am
ink_on_fire wrote a review...



Beautiful...:)

I agree with JC...This is perfect length.

I've never really been into romance but I thought this was wonderful.

The only thing I can see a slight problem with is this bit.

Matt asked softly, afraid of the answer he knew was coming

It sounds a little too cliche...

But otherwise
Great work and keep it up :D I'll keep an eye out for your work from now on.

Peace V :P
Inky




User avatar
25 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 25

Donate
Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:57 am
Jadeite says...



Very nice short story. Well done!




User avatar


Points: 890
Reviews: 3

Donate
Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:52 pm
Inkblot wrote a review...



I agree with the others, luv...a sweet story, but could use some extension, etc.

A nice sentiment, though...I've never been in love, and it lets me know what I'm missing to read stories like this.

Although, knowing the agony a lot of lovers go through, I'm probably glad I'm not in love. :P

Cheerio! ~The Blot




User avatar
816 Reviews


Points: 8413
Reviews: 816

Donate
Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:26 pm
Leja wrote a review...



The last line was cute. I'd expand a bit on the first part so that the second part and especially the ending is more meaningful.

“I can’t take this anymore; I’m leaving,” Ariel said, pulling on her coat.

“What?” Matt asked softly, afraid of the answer he knew was coming. They had been fighting a lot lately, and had discussed seeing other people on several occasions. Of course, Matt had figured that it was just another stage in their relationship, one that would bring them even closer together.


I think the bolded part would benefit most from expansion.




User avatar
24 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 24

Donate
Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:20 pm
spokenfor09 says...



good stuff! theres probly more to this story then whut ive read. but i like it. the little bit of dramma and whut not. the whole "you had me at "wait"" was a little cliche for me though.




User avatar
113 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 113

Donate
Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:00 pm
writergirl007 says...



I love this! It is very sweet. I agree. I could be longer. But...that's just me. I like it. XD Keep up the good work. 007




User avatar
514 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 514

Donate
Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:27 pm
JC wrote a review...



Awww...that was cute.

I disagree with sokool, though, I think the lengh was perfect. Having a scene of Matt's depression would have been overkill in my eyes.

Kool caught all the mistakes though, =D. All it takes is reading over something once to catch all they keyboard typos =D

Good job!!!!!!

Keep up the good work!
-JC




User avatar
378 Reviews


Points: 1215
Reviews: 378

Donate
Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:13 pm
sokool15 wrote a review...



Awwwwww :smt060 That was sweet. A little too short, I think, though...there's not a lot of time for tension to build. I think you should add a scene where Matt is all depressed, show us his depression instead of just having him talk about it to Ariel.

Maybe you could also add a scene that shows us what Ariel is thinking, that she loves him and maybe shouldn't leave him, maybe thinks about changing her mind, wavering...show us that she still loves him. This would paint a clearer picture in our minds of the character's emotions, build the tension more and make for a better, story, I think.

“Yes, my parents sent me a one way ticket back home; I’m going to go visit them for while, so I can get back on my feet.” Matt was in awe. He watched in silence, his mouth agape, as she closed the door behind her.


Matt was in awe? Awe of what? I dont' think 'awe' is the right word here. Maybe surprise, astonishment, whatever. 'Awe' implies that he likes what she's doing and worships the fact that she's doing it.

"Wait!" Matt exclaimed. She turned and looked straight in his tear-filled eyes. "Ariel, I am begging you now, please don't leave. I haven't been able to sleep, eat, or so much as speak sine you left. I miss you horribly, and I fewar for my life if you do go. I realized for the first tiem this morning that...I...uh...I..." she walked over and placed a finger on his lips.


Sine = since

fewar = fear

tiem = time

Wait a second...they've been living together for all this time and they haven't said they loved each other? :thud: Sorry, that...um...goes against my principles a little.

But anyway, cute story! I enjoyed it, and you could really bulk it up, as I suggested before, to make it a very good story, if you wanted to.

So anyway, good luck with that!

Yours most truly and always, 8)





But even the worst decisions we make don't necessarily remove us from the circle of humanity.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore