-
Re: Conversation
This story doesn't really go anywhere for me, and I think it could be pretty powerful. I like the idea of entirely dialogue, but it makes things more confusing than ...
Jul 26, 2010 -
Re: A Halted Heart, Prologue
I really like this story. I think it would make a great start for something, but it's also great on it's own. Your descriptions are fantastic. The first paragraph is ...
Jul 3, 2010 -
Re: Shadow Dance
I like the rhyme scheme in this poem. I especially like how you rhymed "town" with "found" You avoid the cheesiness that rhyming can easily lead to. I also really ...
Jul 2, 2010 -
Re: Do you...
I like this poem a lot. It has great emotion. A few notes: Do you enjoy making my life a living hell? This is kind of redundant, maybe you should ...
Jul 2, 2010 -
Re: Masks
I really like this piece. Especially your varying of structure in the lines and stanzas. The one thing I thought was that this line They disguise the feeling of worthless. ...
Jul 2, 2010 -
Re: Bite of Cold Steel
I think you have potential with this piece, it's about a very dark and important topic. You conjure a lot of emotion and I like how you exemplify that self-harming ...
Jun 24, 2010 -
Re: parallels
I really like the concept of this piece. I just think you should try to show, not tell, a bit more often. Example: The General proceeded to the front lines. ...
Jun 23, 2010 -
Re: The White Room (Warning: Graphic Imagery)
I really like this. I'm a big fan of creepy stories. You are magnificent with descriptions, the image of the room was so vivid. Even with the descriptions, there is ...
Jun 22, 2010 -
Re: The Girl Below
This is a powerful piece, I'm not sure it should be in the non-fiction section though. You have descriptions in here with a lot of admirable depth. Her footsteps were ...
Jun 22, 2010 -
Re: A Beautiful Encounter
You create a lot of emotion with this piece. It makes prayer seem almost romantic. A tugging, all around my torso, like gloriously burning ropes were wound around me. I ...
Jun 22, 2010 -
Re: Eliza and Morgan
I think this is a great start for a story. I never thought it would actually happen. I never imagined actually dying. But I did. Morgan sat next to Stephen ...
Jun 22, 2010 -
Re: You Were
I think that repetition in poetry can be very powerful, and I like how you utilize it so well. I feel the same way about rhyming, when done right. I ...
Jun 21, 2010 -
Re: Instructions to the heart
I think you have something here. I enjoy the metaphor in play, and I wish it could be longer. All I'd recommend is changing around some verses so they don't ...
Jun 21, 2010
