User avatar

StoryWeaver13

  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Cast in Fire

    Hey, and welcome to the site! I think this was a good poem, but isn't a GREAT poem. It's just (and I've been saying this a lot lately) nothing unusual. ...

    May 23, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Another Fight?

    This was (to be honest...) nothing special. I got the message but didn't feel the emotion. It seemed like it was lacking something, like something should've been there that wasn't. ...

    May 23, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Drama

    Good poem, and like the previous reviewer said, provoking. I'm not really sure as to why some things were italicized, though. Not really a distraction or issue or anything, but ...

    May 23, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: From A Burning Leaf

    I thought overall this was really good. I like how it begins kind of a more gentle feel, but then grows in power as it gets to its middle, fading ...

    May 23, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Slaves

    I thought this was really good; you did a nice job portaying emotion and overall the rhythm and flow worked very well. I think this could almost be classified as ...

    May 20, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Can You See Me? (Chapter Three)

    The afternoon sun was gleaming through the vertical blinds on my window, and I could smell the fresh sea air as it circled my bedroom. It was as if the ...

    May 20, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Can You See Me? (Chapter Two)

    Hey there, I'm (finally) back for the next chapter! Gotta say, I love it. There's still a lot we don't know about the character though: age, appearance, etc. I also ...

    May 20, 2010
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Redemption

    Typically I'm not a fan of religious pieces, but this was very well-written I'll admit. Each stanza was better than the one before, but there was no real weak point ...

    May 20, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Witches Brew (REwrote)

    Is this going to be longer? Because I feel like the story really just began. If it's not going to be expanded, I suggest coming up with some surprising twist ...

    May 20, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Chasing Yesterday, Prologue+Chp.1

    [quote]It is night time, almost three in the morning. The streets of Birchwick are peaceful. Some houses are dark where people slumber inside. Others have lights peeping out the windows. ...

    May 20, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Soul Mate

    To be honest, this seemed sort of more of a teenage-angst poem than anything else. I think Jagged did a good job of really touching down on the points that ...

    May 19, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Gift.

    Hey there. I looked up out of the small slit in the cabin as the dawn drifted in through . It might just be me, but I found that a ...

    May 19, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Lamp

    Haha, that is so cool!!! How did you get it to do that? Whenever I put spacing and such it takes it away...oh well, in any case this was awesome. ...

    May 18, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: ( NO TITLE TILL NOW) - Chapter # 1: "Haunted Woods!"

    Hey there. First off, watch your capitalization. There were LOTS of sentences that started with a lowercase letter. OK, so for the rest of it... Story about two brother and ...

    May 18, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Loud♄

    My problem with this is that there are a lot of lines in here that I've heard a thousand times before. It just makes the whole thing sound kind of ...

    May 18, 2010


I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom