User avatar

Shriek

  • Short Story » General, General Re: Girl With a Violin (UPDATED)

    Just to touch upon what everyone else has said: this was great. You seem to have a knack for using adjectives, though sometimes your descriptions are over-the-top. You want to ...

    Sep 20, 2006
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Voices V - What have we missed?

    YES! First another "Untitled," and now another installment of "Voices." You people are spoiling me this weekend, I swear. This was well-done, as the four before it. Gramatically speaking, this ...

    May 13, 2006
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: untitled 3 (rated for language)

    Ahhh, the pure bliss of another Untitled by Ari. I almost want to ask you to get a name for these things ... but "Untitled" is kind of fitting for ...

    May 12, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Don't leave..

    I don't really have much to say that Dream Deep hasn't touched upon. The images were gorgeous (especially the white roses against a black sky), but I didn't know what ...

    May 9, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Pop

    This is great stuff here, all things considered. It reminds me of one of those "urban legends" kids tell -- like some of the stories you'd hear on Hey Arnold ...

    May 9, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: free write - boys of summer

    Oooh. I don't think I've ever read anything of yours, Mesh -- but if your other stuff is anything like this sketch, I should really go back and do so ...

    Apr 30, 2006
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Voices IV: We miss you...

    This was an excellent addition to the Voices collection, as I've now come to expect from from. You always manage to meet -- and exceed -- my expectations. Well, let's ...

    Apr 19, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: A Writing Parable

    Give more verbose descriptions for an ironic effect. Ahahaa, awesome. I second the suggestion. This was pretty good, Grif. Although ... I think the execution of the elite authors was ...

    Apr 13, 2006
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Inaesthetic Worth

    This is excellent, Brad. Though I'm sure much of the deeper meaning went over my head, I did appreciate the images this brought to mind--especially the bit about the "foreign ...

    Apr 8, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Masquerade

    "I like this poem, dont' you? I think it's actually one of the best things I've written in a long time." I completely agree. In no way am I a ...

    Apr 8, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Song for You: a haiku

    I liked this. To echo Jack, it's simplistic and easy to relate to. Again, it needs punctuation. That basically covers what I was going to say. Nice work. (Oh, and ...

    Apr 3, 2006
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: untitled 2

    Oooh, love that last line. Actually, I love this entire thing. It's more personal, more emotional than the first. Just the right amount of description and dialogue. Picturesque descriptions and ...

    Mar 14, 2006
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Recollections of a Rose

    I agree with Hekategirl on her suggestion with the ending. Other than that, I have no critiques, only praise. I liked this very much. I found it short and sweet ...

    Mar 13, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: For Papa

    Awh, I love this. I'm not really one for pointing out grammatical errors and whatever on personal pieces--leave the writing to the heart, not the head is my philosophy. And ...

    Feb 23, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Bonfire at the Island

    Wow. I usually cannot stand thoroughly descriptive pieces without an ounce of storyline or dialogue. But this, of course, is an exception to the rule. Not only is the writing ...

    Feb 15, 2006


The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians