z

Young Writers Society



A Writing Parable

by Griffinkeeper


There was once an author that went around giving lectures. His style was so elegant, that everyone thought he was a perfect writer. His word choice was so sophisticated, that it flew over the minds of the lower class, and dazzled the upper class.

He offered classes, but when he taught, few, if any, people understood him. So great was his power, that nobody could understand him. Yet they continued to admire him. His students went on and began writing in a similar manner. Soon, they began writing for the upper class as well, and enjoyed enormous prestiege among certain circles, which considered themselves smart, educated, and sophisticated.

So diverted and saturated were the authors and nobles, that they completely missed a small little pamphlet that was released by an author for the lower class. He had not been among the great authors pupils, instead an old scholar who had, by trial and error, become well respected by his peers for being able to communicate efficently.

The pamphlet, far from containing the language of the upper class, was written for the lower class. It proceeded to detail the excesses and vanity of the authors and the elite. It continued to identify how they were responsible for their situation in life.

So widely distributed was this book, that it soon reached the barracks, where it spread like wildfire. The result was a spontaneous uprising, which resulted in the death of the superfluous authors and the elite.

The moral of the story: Write so people can understand you.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
196 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 196

Donate
Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:09 pm
Shriek wrote a review...



Snoink wrote:Give more verbose descriptions for an ironic effect.

Ahahaa, awesome. I second the suggestion.


This was pretty good, Grif. Although ... I think the execution of the elite authors was a tad extreme. It got the point across, though. Haha.




User avatar
614 Reviews


Points: 1106
Reviews: 614

Donate
Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:39 am
Swires says...



LOL! Nice parable, nice moral as well.




User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3891
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:49 am
Snoink says...



Give more verbose descriptions for an ironic effect.




User avatar
447 Reviews


Points: 2340
Reviews: 447

Donate
Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:42 am
Duskglimmer says...



I love Parables, Grif. Congrats on writing one about the power of comprehension.




User avatar
863 Reviews


Points: 2090
Reviews: 863

Donate
Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:15 am
Griffinkeeper says...



*Begins eating cookies at a frantic rate, before stopping, horrified.*

Got Milk?




User avatar
131 Reviews


Points: 2834
Reviews: 131

Donate
Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:09 am
smaur wrote a review...



Sam wrote:Oh my...we certainly don't have any superflous people here, do we?


What? Of course not. We YWSers are a clear, concise bunch ...

Griffinkeeper: You get lots and lots of cookies.




User avatar
277 Reviews


Points: 6070
Reviews: 277

Donate
Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:00 am
Black Ghost says...



They have some on the other writing site: The Old, dumb, too smart for Yu-gi-oh writers association.




User avatar
1258 Reviews


Points: 6090
Reviews: 1258

Donate
Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:57 am
Sam says...



Oh my...we certainly don't have any superflous people here, do we?





I like anchovies~ but nobody calls me that.
— alliyah