User avatar

Sabine

  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Oxford on a Sunday

    Oh my, yes, so lovely. Quite a vibrant picture, and peaceful and rarefied, the way the ancient universities are always portrayed. I like the first long stanza very much. wonderful ...

    Mar 8, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: My Funny Friend and Me

    ah, this is quite sweet and lovely :) It's got good rhythm and a nice rhyming scheme that sounds natural and not at all forced. I like poems like this ...

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: a little dream in abstract

    while this poem has some quite lovely lines in it, like this: "you may find the lion who speaks in the flowers" and this "or keep wisdom in your pocket ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Portrait of His Funeral (reviews please?)

    absolutely gorgeous! concise and dreamy and melancholy. I especially liked this bit: "ending with a listless turn away, the silent sound of dress shoes . treading upon the vibrant, living ...

    Dec 29, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Lightening In The Common Room

    I have to say this is one of the more clever poems i've seen on this forum. I'm a little surprised at the obtuseness of the previous reviewers. I especially ...

    Dec 29, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: A common thing really

    This is really lovely. You've got a good rhythm and rhymes that seem effortless enough that I didn't entirely notice them until the second time through. I really like the ...

    Jul 11, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Old Man Beyond The Stair

    I very much enjoyed this. The rhythm and the pacing was very consistant and read very smoothly. Your imagery and phrasing was strong, and yes maybe a little vague here ...

    Dec 10, 2007
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Un-

    I like this a lot, especially the first verse. the images I get from it are the quick judgment of the faceless authority and the abandonment of the animal (the ...

    Dec 9, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Weighty for Worthless [Free-Write]

    I enjoyed this, I liked the sort of ambling pace. I made me think of Neil Gaiman's American Gods, the patter and feeling of the writing. the first paragraph drew ...

    Feb 10, 2007
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: ...Between...

    this has a sort of echoing quality, it creates a strong images. A stage as a stage and a stage as a metephor. A lot of what poetry (to me) ...

    Feb 7, 2007
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: something to have fun with

    okay... off the top of my head some ideas/questions to think about in utterly random order. some of these might be usefull, or not, you never know. the planet they ...

    Mar 16, 2005
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: english gothic

    Absolutely gorgeous. Stunning really, this has to be some of the best writing on this site. i see into it clearly, these brilliant metephoric flashes of imgaes you created. you ...

    Mar 16, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: 100% marshmellow fluff--with a bit of flare

    very beautiful. tranquil. I enjoyed your use of the language.there's something oblique and undefined about it, which is god and bad, depeding on your perspective. it's enjoyable but doesn't creat ...

    Jan 24, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Suzhou

    very beatifull poem. a paper cuttout illustration of grotesque suffering. the rhythm was. heartfelt imagry, with a tang of resentment and salted with regret. it is alluring and off-putting at ...

    Jan 21, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Sound of Strings (finished!)

    this is a lovely piece. I'm afraid that I have to disagree with the other reviewers. There is nothing wrong with a poem that needs to be reread a time ...

    Jan 20, 2005


Your hesitation suggests you are trying to protect my feelings. However, since I have none, I would prefer you to be honest. An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback.
— LCDR Data