User avatar

Ringo_rules987

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Dead Ship

    Conceptually the poem is great, but you had a few things in there that threw me off a bit. The first stanza was fantastic, the rhyme weaved in nicely without ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: short poem

    I don't call this a poem, and by no means am I saying it's not a poem because it is short. Emily Dickinson's "Fame is a Bee" was four lines ...

    Jun 7, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Do Not Confess (Useless Love)

    I really enjoyed reading this, the imagery is nice and to me its a very refreshing love poem. I particularly loved this line: Not an assemblage or words on a ...

    Jun 7, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Silver Medal Spirit

    This, to me, is a brilliant representation of the disappoints of failure and life in general. This is a topic that really can appeal to many people, so conceptually I ...

    Jun 7, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: The Moment

    Okay let's do this: Most of us that live in the moment are lost, and it seems the only way to find yourself it to end it all, for nobody ...

    Jun 6, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Wanted- One Friend

    You know I don't know if I can call this poetry, it literally reminded me of a prerequisite list for some sort of job. I like the concept, but immediately ...

    Jun 6, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Bathing In The Moonlight

    I really do think this has potential to be a really great poem. I truly believe that. I really enjoy the concept but the message of this poem could have ...

    Jun 6, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Blue Heart

    Overall I thought you did an "okay" job, but the rhyming was sporadic and all over the place. It lacked consistency. Probably cause, it misses you This was one main ...

    Jun 6, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Martha, I'm Coming

    I'll break this down one stanza at a time. Martha, I’m coming. It won’t be long. Just hold on tight and help me along. The rhyme here is awkward because ...

    Jun 6, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: I'll Miss You.

    I watched you go like that, And I couldn’t believe it. I thought you were strong. But I guess I was wrong. Awkward Rhyme You were the one who cheered ...

    Jun 6, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Indians in the rain?

    I really liked all the imagery in this, it allowed me to paint a picture in my head, but there were some parts that didn't make sense to me. I ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: I promise

    I can't call this serious poetry, like all the other posters have said. See, when you kill us with repetition in list form it just gets monotonous. I can obviously ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: What If...?

    I didn't get anything out of this. The questions made it so monotonous and so tedious to read I had difficulty getting through the poem. Conceptually and emotionally I liked ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: What A Disguise Love Is.

    I think a little more length would help its overall effect, but what you had there was absolutely beautiful. It was exquisite, and grammatical error(s) have been pointed out, so ...

    Jun 4, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Mask

    Rhymes got a bit forced in parts but rhythmically it was spot on. But I'll get away from the technical aspects. Emotionally it's like a knife, it cuts deep. The ...

    Jun 4, 2008


I like to create sympathy for my characters, then set the monsters loose.
— Stephen King