User avatar

PickledChrissy

PickledChrissy

  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Teen Fiction Re: The Heart of Silver Gold: Chapter One

    Heya, Chrissy here for a review! Happy review day, and may the odds be ever in your favor. Yeah, yeah, I know. Wrong movie. :P Okay, this is a first. ...

    Jun 28, 2015
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: Parallel Needs: Chapter One: Part One

    Heya, Chrissy here for a review! Welcome to YWS! I believe this is your second work, isn't it? Glad I was in time to catch it. :D I read your ...

    Jun 16, 2015
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, Culture Re: Irish Slave Trade Book One - Chapter One

    Heya, Chrissy here for a review! Is this the same Neil from the other part? You know, book two? It seems to be that way. Cool if it is! Okay, ...

    Jun 14, 2015
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Heather- Chapter 2

    Heya, Chrissy the great and most awesome reporting for the review she promised! Yes, I know, I'm conceited. But, at least I can write halfway decent reviews. Right? It was ...

    Jun 12, 2015
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Heather

    Heya, Chrissy here for a review! Sorry for taking so long to get to this. I say it in greenroom when it first came out, opened it. Well, it has ...

    Jun 8, 2015
  • Short Story » Horror, General Re: Cry of the Parchment

    I'm finally here! :D Chrissy here for a review! Okay, this is sounding really cool. I've never seen anything like it before. I like the entire idea of possessing, and ...

    Jun 6, 2015
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: Parallel Needs: Prologue

    Heya, Chrissy here for a a rather short review! Well, it seems that Joy the brave already snagged most of the mistakes, so I'll do what I can. This isn't ...

    Jun 5, 2015
  • Novel / Chapter » Realistic, Other Re: Raya's Heritage Chapter Five

    Heya, Chrissy here for a review! Thanks for the PM! I didn't want to miss this piece. Sorry for taking so long to get to it, though. I've been a ...

    Jun 4, 2015
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, Culture Re: Irish Slave Trade (Chapter One - Book 2 maybe?)

    Okay, Chrissy here as promised! I love this work. Especially Keera. She is very strong, but still quiet. He is a real man, fighting to understand why God has asked ...

    May 31, 2015
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: The Cursed, Pt. 4.2

    Heya, sorry for being so late! But anyways, here I am, Chrissy here for a review! Ah, yes. This part. You mention that you felt it was going too fast ...

    May 29, 2015
  • Novel / Chapter » Dramatic, Narrative Re: Serendipity Life #1

    Heya, Chrissy here for a review! Okay, so far, I am really liking this. The family is coming across as broken, and struggling. The girl kinda puzzled, not in pain, ...

    May 24, 2015
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, Historical Fiction Re: A Viking Raid

    Heya, Chrissy here for a review! Okaay, this is a interesting piece. I can safely say I have never seen anything like this before. :D Okay, time to see what ...

    May 23, 2015
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: The Cursed, Pt. 4.1

    Hey, I'm finally here for your review! Sorry for taking so long. Hey, you chopped a bunch of it off! Oh, well. Post that bit soon, I liked it. Okay, ...

    May 17, 2015
  • Short Story » Narrative, General Re: Mistakes

    Heya, Chrissy here for a review! Okay, this is a cool piece. I'm going to review as I go, okay? country after 50 below zero Just spell the word fifty ...

    May 3, 2015
  • Novel / Chapter » Realistic, Other Re: Raya's Heritage Chapter Two

    Yup, I'm here again. Chrissy is here to review! Okay, I'm going to do it like I did the last. As I go. “W-what?” Raya stammered. I felt like you ...

    Apr 26, 2015


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)