User avatar

Liz

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: cliché: poem of lust

    You definitely need to be more succint. It kind of dragged on after a while. It was good though, nice concept and good connection with the reader. Just make it ...

    Apr 24, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: America is the world

    Um. False. What Midnight said.

    Apr 10, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: the sun

    Yeah, try to break free from the cliches. It's hard to at first, but you can't write poetry if you're going to just write what we've all heard a thousand ...

    Apr 10, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: We Are Not Trees

    Cool concept. I like the symbolism too, it really made your message powerful. Good work!

    Apr 10, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: friday's cool

    Meh. Don't we all know it. This needs critical grammatical editing. It sounds like one of those samey r&b songs; make it poetic.

    Apr 10, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: heartbreaker

    Pretty. I like the personal aspect of it, it really adds feeling to the poem. A little more impact would be good, but the simplicity is very effective. Nice work.

    Apr 9, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Tapestry of Ages

    I think a little more impact wouldn't have gone astray, but I like the idea and the writing style. A little more interest and it's a good poem.

    Apr 9, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: running along the train-tracks (mature language)

    Nah, I like a bit of spunk in a poem. This had a nice tone. Good work.

    Apr 8, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: eleven

    Thanks guys. No, it wasn't an assignment for school. Read some e.e.cummings, a lot of my stuff is influenced by him. As for the Paris reference, yeah, it's personal, as ...

    Apr 5, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: egotistic satchelbags and heels

    :shock: Lol, thank you! Hopefully I won't disappoint you...

    Mar 21, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Plea

    I liked it, especially the end. It really brought everything together and expressed the main emotion of the poem. Well done.

    Mar 21, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: You're still here

    I liked the conversational tone, but you need to add some interest. Also, punctuation would be a good idea. Not bad, though.

    Mar 21, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Screaming Out

    Yeah, emotion_less is right. You've got all the old cliches in here, and no originality. Good concept, try to express it in a more interesting, fresh way.

    Mar 21, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: egotistic satchelbags and heels

    Yeah, that's me :) Thanks for the comments guys.

    Mar 21, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Memorising Poems

    You really need to expand, just to make the concept clearer. Not bad though.

    Mar 19, 2005


“A good book isn't written, it's rewritten.”
— Phyllis A. Whitney, Guide to Fiction Writing