z

Young Writers Society



Memorising Poems

by the_red_gem


Why is there no delete button?

Don't like this poem. so I wanted to get rid of it.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
94 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 94

Donate
Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:14 pm
Jojo says...



It pretty much fits in with the poem that you had to memorise, both of them were nothing remarkable.




User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3891
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:46 am
Snoink says...



Underwater pigs = cool. However... the middle section you had didn't really help, and because it seemed so random, the last part didn't fit at all. But the beginning was nice!




User avatar
321 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 321

Donate
Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:30 am
Liz says...



You really need to expand, just to make the concept clearer. Not bad though.




User avatar
15 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 15

Donate
Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:52 am
the_red_gem says...



Fair enough. Im not very good at writing poetry. Im hoping to get better.




User avatar
915 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 915

Donate
Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:41 am
Incandescence wrote a review...



Doesn't make much sense. The last line should be swapped with the third one, for a coherent thought to be made. I would also replace the "all" with "their" solely because it flows better.

In one ear and out the other,
Speaking the lines upon my bed,
When will they stay inside my head
Soon I know they'll lose their meaning.

On the whole, this was rather pointless, but I suppose if a piece of literature inspired you to write something about it, it is very good, and I assume this isn't so much for us as it is for you.




Random avatar

Points: 1078
Reviews: 333

Donate
Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:36 am
emotion_less says...



It seems like the beginning of some witch chant in a little kids' story...




User avatar
148 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 148

Donate
Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:43 am
ohhewwo says...



It was okay. It sort of seemed ... well I can't describ how it seemed, but i can tell you that what I mean isn't bad, nor good. I think it should be a little longer, and more poetic.





Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going.
— Christopher Darlington Morley