User avatar

Galerius

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Jealousy

    Hi PaperCrane, Shut up. Writing that joke of a poem is one thing, but trying to defend such nonsense is quite another. Let me clue you in: You don't know ...

    Nov 9, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Untitled (Maybe Saturday Mornings?)

    Hi Persephoneia, This is the epitome of mediocre. The weird pseudo-apathetic plodding only runs the message of this poem into the dirt like a rut on a rainy day, and ...

    Nov 6, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: To Live is to Die

    Hi StreetRat, I realize this is pretty short, but it pretty much summed up how I it's cool. No, it's really not. I'm getting a bunch of haphazard descriptions with ...

    Oct 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: I Guess This is Good Bye

    Hi DannielleLovesong, Have you listened to Taylor Swift or Demi Lovato recently? I'm asking because this sounds exactly like the sugar-fattened nonsense with which their songs are stuffed, only... the

    Oct 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Sometimes

    Hi Lauren2010, You seem to alternate between decent imagery and useless description - pseudoimagery, as I call it. It turns this poem into an earthquake that raises the land to ...

    Sep 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Perception

    Hi Firearris, This is... bad. If your goal was to create an utterly useless scrambled-egg concoction of words and link them up through pseudo-emotions like "Disgusted I am" and "anger ...

    Sep 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: VII

    Hi Kyllorac, This is basically a loaf of bread. What you've done is take some consumable elements, put them together, heated them up via some imagery, and then shoved the ...

    Sep 16, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Uncertanties

    Hi m0734427, The indulgence of improper conversation creates insecurities. I am hard-pressed to find, in the whole of the poetry section here on YWS, a line more devoid of life ...

    Sep 14, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Graduation

    Hi LaurynMitchell, This isn't working out. Listen. If you want to portray a "two-sides-to-every-coin" type of poem, then it might be helpful to actually talk about the two sides rather ...

    Sep 14, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Rebirth

    Hi Lil_Pau, I'm going to quote some of the especially nonsensical images in this otherwise "serious" poem. Here we go: breathing in scents of night, starlight and human Voices sang ...

    Sep 10, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: If home is where the heart is, my home's with you.

    Hi Ray112, One thing you need to realize, and realize fast, is that the same vapid and thoughtless twangy lost-love cliche that works in songs in fact does not work ...

    Sep 10, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: All Sorrow Dispelled with a Smile

    Hi singdawg, Your main problem dwells in the fact that you raise potentially interesting images and then cut them down in adolescence, before they have a chance to actually prove ...

    Aug 26, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Mirror Image

    Hi SilentRain, There is something about poetry that you need to know: Mindless repetition, rhyme, and random division of line breaks does not a poem make. Now that we've got ...

    Aug 26, 2010
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: The knife

    Hi tigs6969, You're absolutely correct; this isn't emo junk. It's just plain junk, an ugly concoction of clownishly angry emotions clucking around a cage of poorly constructed imagery - and ...

    Aug 17, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: My Perception of Time

    Hi Panda326, Is that it? Very well. Allow me to suggest the following, more condensed version of your poem: I can't tell time. I'm angry. If this was what you're ...

    Aug 5, 2010


Lily you are my fig father
— Elliebanana