User avatar

Chandni

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The First Day of Spring

    As Snoink said, it starts rather dull but finds it way later on. You could've made the title a bit more intriguing. A bit too simplistic. You could've done a ...

    Jul 30, 2007
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Earthly Claims

    Aha, that was a brilliant read :) Truly I loved it. I would call it a tee bit abstract, but that's just me. After all abstract is one thing that ...

    Jul 11, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Suffering Candle

    Mhmm, I lack emotion it read very dull and boring. It doesn't flow, I'm just reading sentence after sentence and there is no sense of excitement to be found. I ...

    Jul 7, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Uncle

    It's looking nice as a whole. It flowed well and I like your use of description. I figured it was rather hard to understand the poem and align the stanza's ...

    Jul 6, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: cradling into death

    I wished you could go deeper on this, it's short for what could've been longer and more enjoyable. I'll have to agree with Xanthan and say, "shhhh..." is better off ...

    May 27, 2007
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Visitor

    Hehe, this is very random indeed. I can't help but sink in the tragic randomness you've created here. Try sorting out your mind, seeing the line apart from each other ...

    May 25, 2007
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Missed Opportunity

    That was highly enjoyable :D Serious yet there seems to be a slight touch of humor in there as well. I liked your rhyming it wasn't forced at all. Although ...

    May 25, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Peace and quiet

    Very simplistic, you were straight to your point yet you could've used some description. For example: I think of her her smile so bright her hair is black but underneath ...

    May 25, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: A Moonlit Storm

    It was well written and I enjoyed the descriptions you gave, definitely added some emotion there. The line breaks annoyed me though, you could've added it all together or form ...

    May 25, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: She laughs

    Hey Twist, I've got to agree with Chevy, the first stanza was indeed a bit mystic, which could've been better. But on the other hand, it being mystic and all, ...

    May 21, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Properties of Yeast

    Nicely done :) I really have nothing to say, which makes this critique rather meaningless. But hey I'm raising it up for you to possibly get a critique that actually ...

    May 8, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Untitled

    Hmm to me this sounds more like a statement rather than a poem. Depression is when you know you’ll do something wrong,did it anyway, and fear the consequences.It’s when you ...

    May 8, 2007
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Sunny Days

    Ah I'm sorry but I haven't got much to say here, short and simplistic, yet nice descriptions and to the point indeed ;) One thing : Teary eye's, I think ...

    May 8, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: We're all wearing masks...

    Hehe, tell your friend it doesn't suck, just has some ups and downs like every other poem. It's just how good she covers the downs with the ups ;) First ...

    May 8, 2007
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Dragon's Park

    It was a nice read indeed, Sworddance did most of the critiquing so I'm only going to say this lol I liked your rhyme scene and you managed to keep ...

    May 8, 2007


For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein