Random avatar

Cameron

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Missed Calls

    Thanks everyone for the input. I've incorporated some slight revisions, and will probably add more as they occur to me. I think I will leave the format as is, though. ...

    Feb 25, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Have You

    It ran away from home last year. This is rather redundant and a little too blunt for my liking. Also, what is the significance of "taking it west"? Otherwise, nice ...

    Feb 1, 2007
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: The Cafe

    I am indeed a boy, have no worries ;). I'm surprised you found this that enjoyable, it was really just a slap-dash piece that I threw together in a moment's ...

    Jan 28, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: God talked to me today

    You know, working to put the bread on the table, bringing home the bacon, etc, etc.

    Jan 23, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Tequila Sunrise

    Cadmium: The "we" is in reference to the pleasure seekers and escapists who find comfort, in this case, in the bottle. Xanthan gum: 1st stanza: quite simply the drinking phase, ...

    Jan 21, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Act of Love

    Piepiemann, One of the major fundamental principles that you must learn as a writer is too never, repeat never, judge the writer by what they have written. It is the ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Eras Past and Present

    I've incorporated some slight revisions. Better?

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: A Question of Life and Death

    Poetry is all about being subtle-- you have been much too direct here. Go through your poem, take out the choice verses and analogies and try and piece something together ...

    Jan 14, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: drunk kids scene kids (new year)

    Imagination is all good and well, but the "system" of poetry requires the taking of that imaginative thought and moulding it into a configuration of expression. Thoughts and imagination alone ...

    Jan 10, 2007
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: City of Bridges: A Postcard from Saskatoon

    This is beautiful, you should consider elaborating on this idea in a longer poem. Cameron

    Jan 9, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: The Other Side of Eden (Prologue)

    Prologue: Friday, September 29 My hands shake as I type, and I know that it won’t be long before I’ll have to stop for awhile. Eloquence and maybe even coherent ...

    Dec 11, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: hay swain

    This is beautiful in its simplicity. My only suggestion is that you incorporate ryhme a little more evenly throughout the entire poem--and not just the last two lines. Perhaps the ...

    Dec 8, 2006
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Medicated happiness

    I can understand your issue with the link between the medications and the ending, I will work on that. However, religious references are found throughout the entire poem, as you ...

    Nov 29, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Saint Valentine's Day Massacre

    I was in a rush :P . I see the symbology now. However, I still maintain that while the correlation there is evident, that stanza's parallel with love is abstract, ...

    Nov 23, 2006
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Hapless Sinners

    Brad, There is no emotive approach under the sun that has not already been explored, contemplated, or experienced. This is but my own perspicacious musings regarding an issue that is ...

    Oct 24, 2006


Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
— Abraham Lincoln